FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 22nd October to Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hmm, you obviously don't remember behaving like a petulent child in Victoria station do you? :rolleyes:

P.S. thanks for your very scientific assessment of the squishiness of my bottom! much appreciated :angry:

Obviously all the fun starts once the SMRbtH has left........:whistle:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hmm, you obviously don't remember behaving like a petulent child in Victoria station do you? :rolleyes:

P.S. thanks for your very scientific assessment of the squishiness of my bottom! much appreciated :angry:

Huh...???

And oooooops!!

:blush:

And I have vague memories about twanging your bottom lip??

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hmmm, I don't . . . . was it while I was asleep on the train? I feel violated! :blush:

Oh, you did wake up.. after about the 6th attempt to check you was okay... but you promptly fell back to sleep...

I have to admit, none of the guys came to your resuce...

I have pics of Aperitif and McWobble asleep... but, and I didnt think my camera was that advanced, but its actually taken shots just like how I remember them, all over the show, quite amazing...

PS. Many thanks again to Ed for picking up my booties!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
hmmm, I don't . . . . was it while I was asleep on the train? I feel violated! :blush:

Does anyone still have those lovely pictures of Davy faceplanted in a table-full of spilt beer on the train back from Whitstable in September last year? I just think we need to avenge the indignities that Becs has lately endured...

Nice to meet you, Becs, by the way, and likewise User482, User and The Mysterious Telesonic. And as always, great to see all my favourite regulars... and Rich.

:whistle:

I was sorry MacB couldn't make it, and I apologise to Thom for absent-mindedly shirking waymarking duties for the first half - he seemed to be at every junction...

Oh, you did wake up.. after about the 6th attempt to check you was okay... but you promptly fell back to sleep...

I have to admit, none of the guys came to your resuce...

I have pics of Aperitif and McWobble asleep... but, and I didnt think my camera was that advanced, but its actually taken shots just like how I remember them, all over the show, quite amazing...

Yes - I conked out (Don't usually when I have Ti to look after but with the old clunker - ok :thumbsup:) - overload I think is an apt way to describe it. Andrew, did you hang a right at Old Marylebone Road? I waited ages at the flyover and assumed you had made a right turn somewhere or the other (roughly translated as oh b*****ks - I'm off! :biggrin:) And Alan went somewhere or the other :headshake: "we" really must stop...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Thanks for a good ride. Thanks for Simon for organising it. Not being a TEC and near the back it didn't seem we were waiting around very much at all compared to last year. The only wait was really at Barth Road in Plumstead, I remember everyone flying past the Woolwich Docking station and Bus lane down the road where we had extremely lengthy waits last year. There wasn't really any other waiting I thought :smile:. I thought Andy's cafe did a very impressive job. I quite liked the ride after Rochester where because it was raining harder people weren't in a hurry and a lot more chatty. The funniest bit was the turn off where suddently a 30mph tail wind came out of nowhere and blew everyone into Whitstable at 20+mph :biggrin:. I was very tired at the waterfront and wish I could have stayed although I'd probably have been asleep and not said anything much interesting. Rich P and I rode to Canterbury and then to Ashford :cheers: being tired we both got independently lost in a not particularly great place. I didn't see quite a few people for much of the ride but there were a lot of us. I hope to do a Brighton one at some point as I've missed out on those, hopefully it'll be a bit easier as it's hillier and shorter.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Also had an amble round with SPDs on and it does seem quite a bit easier, oh well, will remember them next time. Thanks to Dell, Sittingduck and Aperitif answering their phones late on in the evening in an attempt to get some cycling shoes.

TimO

Guru
Having just read back through the thread (having realised that whilst the forum's software claims I read it all, I have no memory of quite a lot!), I'm amazed at the quantities of beer consumed. I think I had something close to four pints, and left at 3ish, but that was enough considering I had to sober up sufficiently on the train to cycle eight miles from Bromley South to Croydon. Having spent three days in hospital a couple of years back, after a slightly ill advised attempt to cross a kerb that I didn't think was there, and which was probably partially caused by excess alcohol intake, I'm slightly more loathe to drink as much to excess as I have been in the past. That, and frankly I'm probably a bit of a lightweight compared to you experts! :biggrin:

I think my internal clock is still a bit buggered, since I woke up at 9-30 this morning, which even for my ambling into work after rush hour approach, is still a bit later than ideal. I've got a few days to recuperate before I drive up t'North for the York-Whitby overnight ride. For anyone interested in that, there's a thread here on CycleChat, and the original and somewhat longer one over on YACF. It should be a laugh, but unfortunately isn't likely to have the polish or scale of a FNRttC (including Simon's ability to talk people into opening up Cafes at 3am!)

ed!

You're welcome. Did they become zebra like by the end of the ride, or did the spilt beer stains wash that away? :smile:

I really enjoyed that, and felt significantly more spritely than the last attempt - it's amazing what good nutrition beforehand will do for you. It meant I only had one sandwich at the cafe this time, and still had energy bars leftover!

Thanks, as always, to Simon, TECs and way markers. I'm slowly putting names to faces, and equally as slowly making myself known to others.

Top Bottom