FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 23rd November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
could be a cold one, and I'm planning on it being a quick one. But.......if there's a sniff of ice I'll cancel so think on before booking expensive tickets (although I see we already people coming from Peterborough, Swansea and Brussels).

We might just zip down the A23 to Gatwick, stop at Costa and go on to the Madeira via Cuckfield. On the other hand, if it's a warm night and we're moving licketyspit, we might head off toward Warninglid. Not for the fainthearted.

David H
Andrew F
Ian B
Frank P
Alex B
Bryony E
Iain H
Claudine C
Rob H

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes please.. email sent

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Does seem strange that this morning I couldn't find my CycleChat buff, the same day that Frank has signed up for his first FNRttC in a bleedin' age.

hatler

Guru
I aim to be there, though there will be no coffee for this one sadly.

I might be able to tempt Mrs hatler and Joe out for the run from HPC to somewhere in SW London if it's not too cold.

TimO

Guru
Yep, also emailed off. I seem to feel the cold less than many, and I've done night rides at this time of year before (although some of the coldest rides I've done, have been on clear summer nights!), so nippyness doesn't worry me very much.

I could always use Vince, the el-cheapo Decathlon single speed, with studded tyres, although that does make me a bit slow, because I spin out at around 27mph, and speeds even close to this are uncomfortable for very long.

I'm commited to coming over as the train tickets were booked a long time ago.
If it is icy and Simon, with good reason, pulls the plug on the Friday Night Ride to the Coast, we could "stud up" and have a "Friday Night Slide to the Coast" instead:cold:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Not for the fainthearted.

Frank P
No surprise there then.

I've been daft enough to enter an event on the Sunday so will miss this ride. I plan to stage my very own one-man ESMRtPaB, which as any fule kno stands for an Early Sunday Morning Ride to Petworth and Back.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[quote="dellzeqq, post: 2103627, member: 3567"On the other hand, if it's a warm night and we're moving licketyspit, we might head off toward Warninglid. Not for the fainthearted.[/quote]

Faint hearts need not fear Warninglid. Lovely place, it's on my commute, and the neighbourhood speed watch boys will be abed anyway. ;)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
David H
Andrew F
Ian B
Frank P
Alex B
Bryony E
Iain H