FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 23rd November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Jones

I'm guessing it won't be too fast, or there will be a ridiculously early arrival at Brighton. Even a 12mph average with an hour stop would mean arriving at 6AM (subject to mechanicals). However, it's a good question. For me, 15-17mph on the flat is a comfortable pace. I can't really see it will be necessary to sustain a faster rate that 15mph.

nb. seems to be a dangerous time of year with both Brad Wiggins and Shane Sutton being involved in serious accidents in about 24 hours...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm guessing it won't be too fast, or there will be a ridiculously early arrival at Brighton. Even a 12mph average with an hour stop would mean arriving at 6AM (subject to mechanicals). However, it's a good question. For me, 15-17mph on the flat is a comfortable pace. I can't really see it will be necessary to sustain a faster rate that 15mph.

nb. seems to be a dangerous time of year with both Brad Wiggins and Shane Sutton being involved in serious accidents in about 24 hours...

We usually get to Brighton after 7am.
It's not a fast balls out ride

We usually get to Brighton after 7am.
It's not a fast balls out ride
It's a good idea to put fast balls out on the bird table at this time of year - enables birds to have a quick snack.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU6TFuoT85KLjTq8nUlAhmeA2Y9bOPX2Qitz541r4PUiUrLBZI.jpg

Ooohh!
There you are.
Hello :smile:
Hello, O trustworthy one. I only popped in to talk balls. I'll leave it to others to chew the fat. :rolleyes:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
A slightly odd request here:

I won't be able to get on the Brighton ride but if any of you have the time or inclination - would you be able to collect a bag or two's worth of seaweed washed up on the shingle beach for me? Good for digging into the garden and I'm not sure when I will next be on the coast to collect some.

Thanks! PM if you're able to collect some :smile:

hatler

Guru
2143965 said:
I'm not sure that I have ever seen seaweed on the beach in Brighton.
That was my first thought. I've seen all sorts washed up on the beach at Brighton, but I don't recall ever seeing seaweed.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I've seen a couple of fronds knocking about but a friend tells me that Brighton isn't the best for it apparently - he recommended Shoreham on Sea so in a similar direction to TMN's suggestion.

I think it may be a longshot though and if I find myself around those parts I'll take a sealable container!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sea-horse manure is good for Bonsai too...
Seriously Grace:
1300893809.png

The best combo...harvested from seas filled with chickens breast-stroking and pooing with gay abandon...just for you!:smile:
Ta Teef. My dad uses the chicken manure pellets which stink but are fantastic for growing veg and flowers - I saw a big tub of it in the local garden centre but ended up getting a sack of manure instead with a topsoil offer. So hopefully that should work. I'll save seaweed hunting for when I next go to whichever coast.

Seriously off topic though, thanks..as you were folks!

Top Bottom