FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 23rd November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Well at least it won't be me for once....

I can always make an exception, you know...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
FWIW here are my plans. I'll be turning round in Brighton fairly quickly, probably at the sight of the Madeira Cafe's sausages. Just long enough to gulp down a mug or two of sugary tea and some beans on toast.

I'll be heading back towards Sevenoaks (˜70km), with train cop-out options at Brighton (obviously: if feeling really bad/frozen), Hassocks, Hayward's Heath and if still alive and stupid there then pushing on to Sevenoaks for a train home to Sarf East London. If I don't cop out at Hayward's Heath then Second Breakfast planned for Lindfield for where the sausage rolls are to die for. If I do get as far Mt Sevenoaks then I expect that whatever ascent I choose (prob Hubbards Hill) will involve some pushing. I'm pretty slow so if there is a Team Slow and you happen to be on my route you may catch me up. If there's a Team Fast and you come my way I will wave to you as you pass. If anyone fancies a funereally paced trundle North after an unsociably quick turn-round they are free to join me.

I'm planning to go back over the Beacon unless local knowledge indicates otherwise.

Andrew
(Who is this? Big bloke, red helmet, old Dawes, gears that go "graaarrk").

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'll be heading back towards Sevenoaks (˜70km), with train cop-out options at Brighton (obviously: if feeling really bad/frozen), Hassocks, Hayward's Heath and if still alive and stupid there then pushing on to Sevenoaks for a train home to Sarf East London. If I don't cop out at Hayward's Heath then Second Breakfast planned for Lindfield for where the sausage rolls are to die for. If I do get as far Mt Sevenoaks then I expect that whatever ascent I choose (prob Hubbards Hill) will involve some pushing. I'm pretty slow so if there is a Team Slow and you happen to be on my route you may catch me up. If there's a Team Fast and you come my way I will wave to you as you pass. If anyone fancies a funereally paced trundle North after an unsociably quick turn-round they are free to join me.

I'm planning to go back over the Beacon unless local knowledge indicates otherwise.

Andrew
(Who is this? Big bloke, red helmet, old Dawes, gears that go "graaarrk").
Where in South East London are you heading to? I'm not on this ride but the Team Fast ride usual comes up through Croydon and then crosses over to places like Bromley, Orpington, Welling without going over anything nasty in the North Downs.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Where in South East London are you heading to? I'm not on this ride but the Team Fast ride usual comes up through Croydon and then crosses over to places like Bromley, Orpington, Welling without going over anything nasty in the North Downs.

Catford/Honor Oak Park stations. I'm aiming for Sevenoaks cos the train from there is direct. I'm not planning to do any urban riding within the M25. If I was aming for Croydon then I'd probably get off and get on a train at Redhill or 3 bridges or somewhere like that ... maybe Caterham. That's another possibility, but it means changing trains on the way home.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Alex B
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Charlie B
Chris By
Claudine C
Dave J
David C
David H
Eric B
Frank P
Gordon P
Howard K
Iain H
Ian At
Ian B
Jack H
Jenna St. J
Jenny M
John G
John K
John T
Jonathan W
Keith T
Kevon R
Malcolm D
Marcus Ca
Martin B
Michael A
Mick D
Miranda S
Moses A
Nigel C
Nigel T
Olaf S
Peter D
Peter M
Rob H
Ross C
Ross T
Sandra S
Steve D
Steve J
Stuart A
Susie F
Tacey L
Thom F
Tim D
Tim O
Werner W

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Two Howard Ks?
You can't have too many men in tights...

keel00.jpg

Top Bottom