FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 23rd November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
I'm commited to coming over as the train tickets were booked a long time ago.
If it is icy and Simon, with good reason, pulls the plug on the Friday Night Ride to the Coast, we could "stud up" and have a "Friday Night Slide to the Coast" instead:cold:

The downside with that approach, is that we would be somewhat without a 3am stop. On the plus side, my studded tyre bike has a rack, so I'd just bung a pannier on it, and carry a stove, kettle, and coffee gubbings. With a suitable bus stop, and a small number of people, we can sit around, freezing our arses off, brewing up!

TimO

Guru
Ah, good point, I'd forgotten about both of those. That's the trouble with being spoilt by people opening up especially for us!

U

User10571

2111374 said:
On the other hand brewing up by the side of the road in the freezing drizzle with the prospect of a psycho coming out of the undergrowth to attack you must have its attractions.
I have yet to put my name down for this ride.

Steve Jones

Not quite sure what the dire warning about Warninglid refer to, as that's on the route I usually take to Brighton via Dorking/Rusper/Faygate. What have I been missing?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
two different sentences. We might go via Warninglid. The ride is not for the fainthearted.

thinking it through, though, there are roads like Grouse Road and Hammerpond Road that do get covered in leaves at this time of year. Probably not sensible in the dark.

I think we'll go in a straight line, stop off at Gatwick and might even give the Beacon a miss if the weather is pants.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Whats the cut-off time for this ride please?

I cant commit just yet, as there's stuff going on around then, but I am interested if it becomes free..

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Don't mention Pease Pottage to Davy Walnuts!!! :eek:

Euuuuuuuuuuwwwwww!!!!!! :wacko:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It will be Gatwick. We've had no trouble there for the past couple of years and the advent of Caffe Nero halves the queueing time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It will be Gatwick. We've had no trouble there for the past couple of years and the advent of Caffe Nero halves the queueing time.
Indeed, those security men on the night of the Newhaven run were nothing but friendly.

StuartG

slower but further
Fainthearted?

Turners Hill is 'ard, Ditchling even harder, but it is Cafe Nero pricing that I find too challenging. Mind you those Gatwick hand dryers are a true gift from heaven ...

Top Bottom