FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
Plan A: SWT to London, FNRttC to Brighton, slow cycle home up A23 cycle path to just south of Crawley, cut across Rusper - Newdigate to Dorking, A24 to Leatherhead. 105 miles, within my capability, as I did it last year.
Plan A now abandoned.
Plan B: cycle 20 miles into London first, FNRttC to Brighton, then very slow and probably progressively slower cycle home. 125 miles, would be a personal most in a day since I was a student 25 years ago.
Anyone else going in the same general direction and who interprets "slow" as literally as I do and I would be delighted to be allowed to tag along with you!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My pass has been revoked :sad:

Whilst I've been in Wales the lovely Helen has decided we have an important social engagement in Brighton on the Saturday and I will be far too absent and spaced out if I FNRttC the night before. I may try and ride down to meet you for breakfast.

Sorry.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Jonathan G
Olaf S
Martin T
Ross C
Sonia W
Mark A
Andrew Br
Jim G
Andrew F
Tim W
Fu C
Rob H
Mike B
Chris W
Tim D
Miranda S
Moses A
Anthony McC
Ian A
Charlie B
Stuart G
Stuart A
TJ A
Joan A
Susie F
Tim H
Anne H
Jenny M
Tim O
Mark G
Gail G
Simon W
Christophe P
Paul U
Katie S
Matthew W
Sandra S
Chris J
Scott E
John S
Mark P
Martin L-S
John G
User10571 B
Stephen W
Jack H
Chris B
Martin W

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you have mail

I've spoken to the station manager at Brighton, She tells me that staff on the gateline will be aware that bikes are not banned from FCC trains

StuartG

slower but further
A bit concerned about departure time. 'After Breakfast' instead of 'After Refreshment'. Shouldn't we allow Team Fast to get a decent head start home so we don't get in the way ... or summat like that?

Douglas A would have come up with a better reason :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
A bit concerned about departure time. 'After Breakfast' instead of 'After Refreshment'. Shouldn't we allow Team Fast to get a decent head start home so we don't get in the way ... or summat like that?

Douglas A would have come up with a better reason :smile:
Worry not. Team Fast will be heading towards a fridge full of Magnums. We'll be long gone before Team Slow have emptied their first crisp packet :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
and Chris has just told us that the Scouts will do the refreshments on the way down! Happy days!

Top Bottom