FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Cardiff to Swansea 12th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Would have worked so well had these innocents not already been identifiable from other photos :smile:

Sorry to hear that you fell off again, Stu...any blood? :sad:
Stu Wales.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think those photographs are quite funny. We look like quotation marks.

I had a great time. How TeeCee does the weather thing I've no idea, but Cardiff could have been Cagnes-sur-Mer, or Cannes but without the nasty road along the front. Even Bonvilston appeared a happy place, and the roads across to Llantwit Major, newly repaired (more TeeCee voodoo, no doubt) were so sinuously, snakily, sensually, smooth that I felt the need to run my hands all over the (startled) bod of one of my fellow riders to explain the point.

We saw the Milky Way, we saw hedgehogs and two people saw a hare. Franklin's cafe was just fab - there's something quite matey about pouring out your own tea from a big teapot - and I think we made the night of the revellers we passed as we headed north to Ewenny. I love the hand-jive thing, and I do really like the road up to and beyond Cwmafan (FD's photo above). The bit over the top to Neath isn't universally popular, but we've found a neat way through to the footbridge, and, I'm sorry Stu, but I just love Bog Road.

As for the last five miles around the bay................top. There is no better way to end a bike ride. It beats Southwold and it beats Whitstable. Heck, it beats Barcelona to Nice!

So, User10571. Turn up next time and dim mistakio.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Although Gordon said above my senses hadn't been dulled by my mileage, in getting his tyre fixed
Well it was your fellow TEC BigGee who said that but I fully concur: it was a top-rank exposition of the TEC's art & I was (& remain) hugely grateful as by that time my mind was certainly frayed by fatigue. I was a spider's breakfast waiting to be wrapped

Top Bottom