FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Emsworth 20th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've just come off the phone to 101 and they've told me to call Sussex Police! :sad:
I'd sidestep that and go to B'Heath police station.

I should have said that 101 said we'd all have to attend a Sussex police station. When I got to Chichester's copshop they put this idea to rest.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have just been to Croydon Police station to give my statement. They have told me that I need to go to a Sussex Police station to give the statement and that it is, and I quote, "unfair of Sussex Police to expect them to take statements on their behalf". I will call 101 in a bit and then I may give Bexleyheath Police Station a try on Friday.

This happened at my local police station (or local to work anyway). Now in a telephone queue for Sussex Police control room

martint235

Dog on a bike
Sussex Police insist I can go to any police station and make a statement. However, the Met says I should turn up and report it as a road traffic accident (as opposed to making a statement) and I'll be given a new reference number. This will then be investigated.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Martin - I've spoken to 101 at some length and the officer accepted that you could make a statement anywhere and got on the blower to Croydon Police Station. He fared no better than you, which he found a little embarrassing. You could make a complaint, but I suspect you just want to get the job done. The officer suggested calling B'Heath on 0208 284 9125 and letting them know you were coming in. As I say, he was embarrassed, but when you look at the other side of the coin, which is William stepping in to prevent a traffic 'happening' turning in to a public order incident at 12.45 in the morning, I reckon we see more good than bad in the Met.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cheers Simon. I'll try that. 101 wouldn't even give me the number for Bexleyheath police station.

I agree that the Met is better than this and I wouldn't want to make a complaint against them just because a couple of people are trying to keep their lives hassle-free.

[Edit} Unfortunately that number just rings out. The only other number I can find for B'heath police station rings the 101 control centre

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I should have mentioned - yes, the number may ring out because they are having a moment......

martint235

Dog on a bike
When it rings out, if you press zero you get a message saying "This is Putney Red Route enforcement team". I'm afraid I'm now going to give up. I'm going to go through the CTC legal team though as it has, many thanks to Simon, actually been reported to the police.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm on the point of giving up too - that is the right number, I did get through, and Bexleyheath are no better. Grudging would be the politest way to put it. They say you're welcome to call in, but it all depends who's available. Sorry.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Us lot that aren't in the know, was it some sort of altercation in the middle of the night - assault type stuff (without going into detail) - I hope everyone was OK as it's all very cryptic.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm on the point of giving up too - that is the right number, I did get through, and Bexleyheath are no better. Grudging would be the politest way to put it. They say you're welcome to call in, but it all depends who's available. Sorry.
Cheers Simon. I did also get through to B'heath and they were a little better with me. He said I could turn up but it depended on if an officer was available and that I could end up waiting quite a while. He has told me to contact Sussex again and ask them to raise a job against B'Heath who will then arrange to see me at a convenient time, possibly at home, to take a statement.

All I need now is for Sussex to play ball (where's the smiley with crossed fingers?)

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've made progress I think. Sussex are going to call the Met on my behalf and raise a job against the Met to contact me for a statement. I hope User482 has less trouble. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Us lot that aren't in the know, was it some sort of altercation in the middle of the night - assault type stuff (without going into detail) - I hope everyone was OK as it's all very cryptic.
damage and injury happened. And not entirely by accident. That's about it.

U

User482

I've made progress I think. Sussex are going to call the Met on my behalf and raise a job against the Met to contact me for a statement. I hope User482 has less trouble. :thumbsup:
So do I! Do you have a contact number for Sussex police, just in case?

martint235

Dog on a bike
So do I! Do you have a contact number for Sussex police, just in case?
0845 607 0999 takes you through to their central switchboard (101 desk). Tell them that it was reported at Chichester Police station and that you have a reference number and they should put you through to their contact centre. The people there have been very helpful.

StuartG

slower but further
Nope, no fisticuffs involved. Last Friday night (like every wet one I have done) would suggest the 'ard GBH boys prefer to stay indoors when it pi**eth. Silly cyclists meanwhile are convinced a leafless tree will give them some protection against the raging RainGod.

Top Bottom