FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Emsworth 20th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the Emsworth Route is one of the few that is better by day than by night - although early Sunday morning would be good. One could take in 'Little Switzerland' and the fabulous 40mph+ straight drop off the A24 toward Blackbrook, then the wonder of Weare Street, the flat out joy of Stane Street, Bury Hill, the descent before kicking back to enjoy the softer scenery around Oving, Chichester and Bosham - and maybe Bosham would make a better lunch stop than Emsworth, although the Flintstones treated us very well
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...vme&mrsp=3&sz=12&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8&t=m&z=12

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
the Emsworth Route is one of the few that is better by day than by night - although early Sunday morning would be good. One could take in 'Little Switzerland' and the fabulous 40mph+ straight drop off the A24 toward Blackbrook, then the wonder of Weare Street, the flat out joy of Stane Street, Bury Hill, the descent before kicking back to enjoy the softer scenery around Oving, Chichester and Bosham - and maybe Bosham would make a better lunch stop than Emsworth, although the Flintstones treated us very well

Bury Hill - is my memory playing tricks, or did we do it last year on the way to Felpham, when it was tooooooooo wet to go cross-country? I'm too darned lazy to go back to the thread and check it myself…:whistle:

The Flintstones - agreed - it was another case of a well organised system in place. When I was greedy after breakfast and fancied a piece of coffee/walnut cake, they charged me less than half the marked price for it.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Bury Hill - is my memory playing tricks, or did we do it last year on the way to Felpham, when it was tooooooooo wet to go cross-country?.
we went up thje east side from Amberley. It was a hard decision to make, because that road is not good news. Three of us (me, Telesonic, Andrij?)stayed at the back and attempted a rolling road block - and, for the most part we succeeded

U

User482

I'm at the station now - they're going to take my statement.

Edit - spoke too soon. After 10 minutes of phone calls, computer searches and rummaging through filing cabinets, they decided that I needed to speak to West Sussex police. Which I did: they told me I needed to make my statement in Bristol...

After I pointed out the circularity of the situation, apparently, a Sergeant Botterill at Chichester is going to contact me. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No unfortunately not but I am on leave on Friday as I was meant to be cycling to York. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything
oh booger. I'd forgotten you were doing that. :sad:

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I am disappointed to read the comments contained in this thread about how helpful the 'Met' has been. Just to let you know there is no reason why you can't provide a statement over the phone. Thats the way we obtain most of our witness statements.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm at the station now - they're going to take my statement.

Edit - spoke too soon. After 10 minutes of phone calls, computer searches and rummaging through filing cabinets, they decided that I needed to speak to West Sussex police. Which I did: they told me I needed to make my statement in Bristol...

After I pointed out the circularity of the situation, apparently, a Sergeant Botterill at Chichester is going to contact me. It really shouldn't be this difficult.
What you apparently need to do is get Sussex police to raise what is known as a CAD against your local force. They will then contact you to arrange taking a statement. Or at least that's what finally worked for me.

U

User482

What you apparently need to do is get Sussex police to raise what is known as a CAD against your local force. They will then contact you to arrange taking a statement. Or at least that's what finally worked for me.

West Sussex control centre have just phoned - they're going to send me a form to fill out. They were keen to have contact details for all of us, so I assume they'll be contacting everyone in due course.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
West Sussex control centre have just phoned - they're going to send me a form to fill out. They were keen to have contact details for all of us, so I assume they'll be contacting everyone in due course.
"No West young man." Just one big happy unified Sussex force with an HQ in Lewes (East Sussex) and a fine disregard for LA boundaries.

Tim Hall

Everyone on the ride, or just the four that got more involvement than is nice in polite company?

Top Bottom