FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Emsworth 20th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have a questionnaire from Sussex Police, which I'll endeavour to fill in and return tomorrow

Ok. First you criticised my ears, now you're criticising my punctuation. You really know how to win friends and influence people!
It's what happens when you have ears like question marks.
I'm not a doctor either, or Dr Ivor, but I've a nose for this sort of stuff, trust me.

I have been imagining Martin's forthcoming interview with the police officer:
KNOCK KNOCK.
"Morning officer."
" Hello, hello, hello, what's all this...."
"DONT YOU START!"

And, it is mighty wet out there - you are not missing any of the pleasures of riding, so take it easy (ie: pretend you're at work).:rolleyes:

Here's a picture of her chatting to 'LookMumTallMan'

femalePolice_1510993c.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've just spoken to Sussex police. If anyone is interested this is still under investigation (last reported action on the record was 8th June). The investigating officer has read the accounts submitted by us cyclists and the account submitted by the driver. The very nice lady I spoke to wasn't sure what happens next, she thinks the officer may just be looking for advice before deciding his next action.

Just thought I'd keep everyone updated.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Jolly good. I trust insurance claims are not being held up unduly.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well I've heard back from RJW. "As you are fully aware, in the highway code, a horn is sounded as a way of warning to other road users of their presence....... blah blah....we do not see how our client can be held at fault in any way as there was no contact between our client and any of the cyclists". RJW have accepted this and will proceed no further.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'd be tempted to argue that the Highway Code's "sounding one's horn" does not cover what actually happened, and what there are witnesses to. But it's up to the claimant how much energy he's got for a fight with the other party's insurers without legal support.

Top Bottom