FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Emsworth 20th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I am disappointed to read the comments contained in this thread about how helpful the 'Met' has been. Just to let you know there is no reason why you can't provide a statement over the phone. Thats the way we obtain most of our witness statements.
I spoke to the officer on the desk at Bexleyheath, and the experienced former officer on 101 spoke to the person on the desk at Croydon. It sounded like both were having a bad day, although both appeared to be misinformed. And all's well that ends well - thanks to Martin's persistence.

One thing did occur to me on Saturday morning. I was exceptionally glad that you weren't there. Having watched William just step up to the mark at risk to his night out I could easily imagine you taking it on, when, in truth, it was all of our jobs to take it on.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was planning on giving the list of contacts that Simon sent out to the police as witnesses. If anyone for any reason doesn't want to be included please PM me before Friday.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I spoke to the officer on the desk at Bexleyheath, and the experienced former officer on 101 spoke to the person on the desk at Croydon. It sounded like both were having a bad day. And all's well that ends well - thanks to Martin's persistence.
I think the guy at Croydon felt it would make his day more complicated to deal with me unfortunately.

For the rest of the people I spoke to yesterday I think it was a case of deciding what the process was and then following it. I can fully accept B'heath's reluctance to have me just turn up in case they had no one present to take a statement. As it is it's better for me as I get a home visit!!

thom

____
Still determined to make Southend. What do doctors know ? !!!
Punctuation.

Edit : I'm not a medical doctor of course...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Great news on the police report. Don't forget the insurance route too - even if the police come to nothing you may be able to succeed with a claim for damages.

thom

____
What rhetorical question? Surely even a rhetorical question ends in a question mark?
OMG... ^_^
I have 2 answers, I'll give them both:

1) I don't think there is such a thing as a doctor of punctuation, hence Adrian's question I took to be rhetorical reasoning that if you cannot be one, you cannot not be one and hence the question has no sensible response.
In lieu of this, I took the opportunity to play along, to lack sense, to indulge Adrian's fantasy and moreover to note the correct usage of a question mark in the context of a rhetorical question.
(See post 265 of current thread for an example lacking said punctuation).

2) Good point well made, I fell into your rhetorical trap.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Still determined to make Southend. What do doctors know!!!

Punctuation.

Edit : I'm not a medical doctor of course...

Well, to be pedantic, Martin's comment could be interpreted as expressing doubts on the medical profession's ability to make an accurate prognosis. In which case, there is no question meant or inferred and hence no question mark required. There can be, however, no excuse for the multiple exclamation marks.

McW (another non-medical doctor[1])

[1] Once I submit my corrections, that is. But why let accuracy get in the way of a good point, eh?

Top Bottom