FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this is a seventy mile ride that takes an easy way out of southwest London, climbs gently from Mitcham to Lower Kingswood, slides along the top of the North Downs before descending Pebblecombe Hill at terrifying speed and winding its way along sweet lanes to our refreshment stop at the Cabin Cafe in Faygate. We then go through Horsham and in to some delightful countryside, passing through West Chiltington and Amberley where we take to the grass and ride (or walk) through the Arun Gap. There's a nifty shimmy through Arundel and then ten miles of pan-flat road to Felpham, home to bungalows and hydrangea blooms. Breakfast by the sea at the Lobster Pot, and trains home from Bognor Regis. Southern's Olympic Rail Ban will mean a bit of shimmying on to FCC trains at Gatwick (or not).

This is a fine ride through some of the best countryside Surrey and Sussex has to offer Sunrise will be at twelve minutes past six, which means we'll probably see the first glimmer of dawn as we leave Horsham and the sun's rays somewhere near Parham. I'm looking forward to it, as are...

Tom R
Stuart A
Tim D
Nick L
Sandra S
Adrian C
Toby C
Jo C
Andrew F
Ian A
Sonia W
Ross C
Jenny M
Kim W
Anthony McC
Andrij B
Miranda S
Peter W
Titus H
Ash M-F
Simon C
Stephen T
Kristjan K
Susie F
Claudine C
User10571 B

Adrian C
Rich P

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Me please, DZ! :girl:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And can I also add that the Felpham SMRbtH is one of the best. Ok there's a climb up the A29 Bury Hill. But the views are fantastic and the descent delightful. The speedy A29 all the way to Five Oaks (25miles), A264 to Horsham and Crawley (37miles). Then the A23 via Redhill (48miles) to Croydon (58miles) and the London environs.

U

User10571

1981253 said:
Will it be a fixed wheel ride?
Could be more of a fixed wheel walk when it comes the gravelly scramble at South Stoke

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
…and me please…
…someone once said there's a castle to be seen.

…and I think the SMRbtH has me hooked now…

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tom R
Stuart A
Tim D
Nick L
Sandra S
Adrian C
Toby C
Jo C
Andrew F
Ian A
Sonia W
Ross C
Jenny M
Kim W
Anthony McC
Andrij B
Miranda S
Peter W
Titus H
Ash M-F
Simon C
Stephen T
Kristjan K
Susie F
Claudine C
User10571 B
Adrian C
Rich P
Charlie B
Greg C
Lee T
Thom F
Martin B

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I should like to participate. I shall probably be riding fixed. I shall probably be riding home again.

Email sent.

Top Bottom