FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

*User10571 wonders if there's a career to be made of jumping out of bushes birthday cakes*:rolleyes:

[quote="The first rule of the FNRttC is that when the peleton stops to regroup, you can guarantee that within 30 seconds of deciding that you've got enough time to do some housekeeping task, the call of "All up!" will come..[/quote]

Surely the first rule of FNRttC is that no one talks about FNRttC...

Except on here obviously...

oh and on YACF..

and sometimes the other place..

and that piece in the Guardian

and.....okay just forget I said anything

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
fast
Ouch! I turned my ankle over twice on this ride. Once on the way up to the start when a pedestrian stepped right out in front of me causing an emergency unclipping of the 'wrong' foot, and once negotiating the off road section after the Gurkha Bridge. Didn't think anything of it, and it didn't trouble my journey home on Saturday. However, wandering around London yesterday after a fairly relaxed lunch on a Thames Cruiser it started to swell and become quite painful. Two days on and I can't put any weight on it and my ankle resembles a (small and anaemic) balloon. There are hints of purple. I was planning to commute fixed this week for the first time, so I reckon my body got scared and has done this to stop me. Other than Arallsopp of this parish who is a master at it (and even has a place on his bike for his crutch), does anyone have any tips for one-legged cycling?

I still think it was a great ride though.

As a volunteer all last week at Brands Hatch for the Para-cycling I saw lots of one legged & no legged riders: awesome! Just take the crank off & you're good to go whether you just strap it to hang down or dispense with it (or if on a handcycle, them) entirely. Heading steeply downhill (on either a 2-wheller or a tricycle) into a very sharp right-hander followed by a long drag up when you have only one arm also set new standards of fearlessness.

BigGee

I was out cycling through Epping forest last week when I got passed by the Columbian Para cyclists including one who had a complete hind quarter amputation. I almost fell off my bike in shock and admiration for them, it certainly trivialises all our usual moans and groans about very little!

I stopped with them at the next set of lights to wish them good luck, my spanish was not really up to it, but I hope and think they got the meaning

thom

____
FNRttCFelpham034.jpg
Look Mum, No Hands !

Top Bottom