FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
2020672 said:
I was a bit grumpy at one point. OK?

But would anyone have noticed?

Ouch! I turned my ankle over twice on this ride. I was planning to commute fixed this week for the first time, so I reckon my body got scared and has done this to stop me cycling?

I still think it was a great ride though.
Sorry to read this, Ross - get well soon, and save the fixed for now...stick with the freewheel! As User10571 says, it makes a difference actually, hobbling around then suddenly finding it easy to move, although I wouldn't fancy that remedy on a fixed..just in case you get a bit of 'Gregitis' set in...:rolleyes:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
However, once I'd managed to clip in, pedalling was actually less painful than walking (because the cleat restricts the arcs through which the ankle can turn).

This. Although my ankle looked fairly spectacular after December's icy Southend incident, cycling didn't hurt much and didn't seem to make anything worse. I did slack off the tension in the spd-sl pedals, though, because the outward twist wasn't nice.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This. Although my ankle looked fairly spectacular after December's icy Southend incident, cycling didn't hurt much and didn't seem to make anything worse. I did slack off the tension in the spd-sl pedals, though, because the outward twist wasn't nice.

Indeed... after spraining mine and having 18 miles to get to home. Everytime I unclipped a little doggy style yelp escaped from my lips. But funnily enough the up and down pedalling motion didn't cause any pain. Still had 2 weeks off the bike though :-(

It's just occurred to me....
Does anyone have a picture of Mark from The Cabin?
And another of Mark Grant to compare it to?
Have the two of them ever been seen in the same room?
Just sayin' like.

Buggered sleep patterns. Such marvellous hallucinogenic things.
Hmmm...probably. If fried egg Mark was wearing a bushwhacker's hat it might be more convincing - doesn't he have slightly curly hair? Can't remember. Top Marks.

A dearth of visual display on this thread too, I see...or not, as the case may be. Tim?

You're right!

Here's a selection:-

FNRttCFelpham005.jpg

FNRttCFelpham013.jpg

FNRttCFelpham026.jpg

FNRttCFelpham034.jpg

FNRttCFelpham041.jpg

FNRttCFelpham053.jpg

All the rest in glorious technicolour (or black for those taken at night) are shown here.

Top Bottom