FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ahem. Pedant alert
Ahem. Pedant alert.

Tee'd up. As in the golf ball is up on the tee, ready to be played.
Sorry.
Teed up. It's proper past participle, not something that needs a greengrocer's apostrophe.

Tim Hall

Ahem. Pedant alert.

Tee'd up. As in the golf ball is up on the tee, ready to be played.
Sorry.
Ahem. Pedant alert

Teed up. It's proper past participle, not something that needs a greengrocer's apostrophe.

Not a pun then on the fact that they're purveyors of a hot drink, described elsewhere as:

"You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water?”

“Er, yes. With milk.”

“Squirted out of a cow?"

"Well in a manner of speaking, I suppose…"?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not a pun then on the fact that they're purveyors of a hot drink, described elsewhere as:

"You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water?”

“Er, yes. With milk.”

“Squirted out of a cow?"

"Well in a manner of speaking, I suppose…"?
I was just about to post something similar.....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
rsz_img_2147.jpg
rsz_img_2135.jpg
rsz_img_2133.jpg
'teef posted some piccies of my very first night ride, 2010 or something. Here are three more, including the great man himself.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Can't be. (a) Because then it would be "tead" (straightforward past participle again) and (b) because the only hot drink to consume overnight or for breakfast is dried and burnt berries steeped in hot water.

We'll not go down the 'fo' coffee' route then. Excellent pun, Simon - about time someone had some fun on this forum. Don't do it again, or you'll get banned from future rides.

Thanks Martin - and, over the history of the rides, I couldn't think of anything nicer than being in your company.I'm not renowned for being a great thinker, mind...:rolleyes:
2vjsaab.jpg

Martin, "slowmotion" (although being named after one's toilet habits ain't so wonderful...) in the time before his indirect plumbing got replaced by a super heat-exchanging condensing system allowing supreme efficiency and improved performance. Once, I could catch him as he sidled out of the off licence in darkest Hammersmith. He's too quick these days!
Right, I'm just going to watch the John Lewis ad. and then I'll post some more rubbish. Be happy everyone - it's Friday. Just think, tomorrow, Saturday, we'll all be going for a ride. :smile:

Last edited:

TimO

Guru
OK. The TEC team has an e-mail. So read it. ...
Checks email ... Damn. ^_^

I'm off work today, so will be hunting down items that I need (apparently including a bag full of CO2 cartridges!), and doing some maintenance to the bikes. Hopefully there's no reason why I won't use Red, but a worst case scenario is that I use the commuter, and the Southend ride is fine on a singlespeed.

Top Bottom