FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea 9th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Not by me, unfortunately, but you could try pestering DavyWalnuts to run one - he's ½ a ride down from the beginning of the year. :whistle:

Ha!!
biggrin.gif

But seriously, I have no sense of direction......

And seriously again, 28th/29th December sounds great to me. BUT, please lets not hi-jack this thread.... someone start another one if they are interested and I shall attend...

there's also the (very outside) chance of seeing a re-entering Phobos-Grunt

I am a little afeared for my feet though, there's no way I'll sneak a pair of winter boots into the arsenal, especially when I need some new everyday shoes..

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there's also the (very outside) chance of seeing a re-entering Phobos-Grunt

I am a little afeared for my feet though, there's no way I'll sneak a pair of winter boots into the arsenal, especially when I need some new everyday shoes..
ha! Do you not know that this will vapourise and be completely harmless? Why, I was questioning one of the UK's most eminent just the other morning, and he assured me that nobody would ever be inconvenienced by falling space junk. So there!

And if it did fall on us, it would fall on our heads, so I wouldn't worry about the winter boots. Get a helmet!

(I have an empty preserve jar for you - having eaten all the grape jelly)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Andrij B
Anne H
Benjamin B-M
Bruce R
Charles E
Chris Br
Davy W
Els V
Fred C
Grahame D
Greg C
Joan A
John E
John T
John Ty
User10571 B
Kim W
Mark P
Martin B
Miranda S
Nigel C2
Nigel W
Olaf S
Rebecca O-B
Sandra S
Sonia W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tim D
Tim H
Tim O
TJ A
Werner W
Ian M
Peter W
Mike M
Sam W
Ruth H
Ian A
Simon B
Cate R
Charles B
John E
Joan McG

TimO

Guru
ha! Do you not know that this will vapourise and be completely harmless? Why, I was questioning one of the UK's most eminent just the other morning, and he assured me that nobody would ever be inconvenienced by falling space junk. So there! ...

No, I said you wouldn't be inconvenience by anything which I put in orbit, but I had nothing to do with this 13 ton behemoth.:biggrin:

I think there's some French and German involvement, but most of the instruments seem to have come from the Russian Space Research Institute (IKI). As far as I know there's no UK involvement whatsoever, and even the little European involvement seems to be on an individual basis, and not via ESA which would generally be the case if there was a significant European element.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Are there two Stuart As or is that a typo?
…and is Charles E a typo for me?

ha! Do you not know that this will vapourise and be completely harmless? Why, I was questioning one of the UK's most eminent just the other morning, and he assured me that nobody would ever be inconvenienced by falling space junk. So there!

And if it did fall on us, it would fall on our heads, so I wouldn't worry about the winter boots. Get a helmet!

(I have an empty preserve jar for you - having eaten all the grape jelly)

oh yeah, a (relatively) small (hold on - 13 tons isn't *that* small is it?) thing like that will break up like a mossie on a windscreen in our super-thick atmosphere.

(how was the grape jelly? due to having a bunch of strawberry jam I've only had it to sweeten up gravy and make dipping sauce so far)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
No, I said you wouldn't be inconvenience by anything which I put in orbit, but I had nothing to do with this 13 ton behemoth.:biggrin:

I think there's some French and German involvement, but most of the instruments seem to have come from the Russian Space Research Institute (IKI). As far as I know there's no UK involvement whatsoever, and even the little European involvement seems to be on an individual basis, and not via ESA which would generally be the case if there was a significant European element.
ha! Blame the Euro, why don't you? I've half a mind to bring this to the attention of Gary A

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
oh yeah, a (relatively) small (hold on - 13 tons isn't *that* small is it?) thing like that will break up like a mossie on a windscreen in our super-thick atmosphere.

(how was the grape jelly? due to having a bunch of strawberry jam I've only had it to sweeten up gravy and make dipping sauce so far)
well it appears that our resident rocket scientist is not so sure of his vapourisation.

Grape jelly was awesome. Perfect on toast.

Top Bottom