FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea May 4th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a great ride everyone, hopefully see some of yOu on Sunday. Sorry again simon for dropping out so late.

Right, I'm off back to bed.

Breakfast. A good way to end a ride.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well, I don't think anyone drowned at the ford. Warming up in the friendly welcome at Stock.
I did test the depth of the ford. Fortunately my tyres were, contrary to suggestions, correctly inflated and provided sufficient buoyancy. Yes, I am Ford Prefect. Trek Portland Bill appears unharmed. Now on train, 45 miles in rain didn't appeal....

martint235

Dog on a bike
1835921 said:
You can. I've got a set of 180mm Truvativ Isis cranks for singlespeed MTB in my loft.

Just type "180 53 39" in Google
Did a quick look. Shimano do them but only in Dura-Ace which admittedly are nice but out of my league!! Too late now anyway, 175s are fitted and staying until I break them

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
In some ways the Southend ride is one of my favourites. When you eventually hit rurality, there are some very pretty and fab-to-ride lanes. Some are even in reasonable condition.
An excellent halfway stop, thanks as ever to the Tullys.
Nice sunrise, after the threatened rain held off, at least until breakfast.
Riding one of only two bendy bikes, in the end, tho' but. I arrived at HPC on Victoria the Brompton, for DZ to exclaim 'you're bonkers'. Didn't try the ford, showing two feet depth.
Just what was kicking' off in Brentwood?
Finally thanks as ever to TECs, WMs, DZ & all for customary good company.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just what was kicking' off in Brentwood?

You have to wonder what the police helicopter made of the mobile lightshow we put on in the street below.

I've got to say, stopping to regroup in Essex town centres like Brentwood and Romford provides its own very special entertainment.

Great to meet a few more cyclists in the flesh, truly excellent organisation and a pervasive spirit of goodwill throughout. Thanks to all involved.

U

User10571

6998505656_88e72a8bd7_b.jpg

More to follow - need to saw some logs....

Top Bottom