FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Superspeedy to Harwich 10th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I won't say it was easy (it was not the right night and day to break in me new shoes) but the company made it enjoyable as we pushed each other on, all the other suggested routes have been noted Ta! I have many options now another lesson learned ....... a good few minutes planning ALL the journey home like Gorden and Stu is time well spent! Then again I was was aiming to take the train untill minutes before we all left !
Great Cheeky photo's
A great achievement Michael. And you neglect to mention you spent a great deal of time on the front of your first SMRbtH :thumbsup:

It's up to you which method you use: learn all the routes or go for the straight line, Martint235 approach ^_^

martint235

Dog on a bike
Bit of a difference there.........
You're absolutely right. Google has the distance from Emsworth train station to the University of Portsmouth as 10 miles. The distance from HPC to the Woolwich Ferry is 12 miles so there is a difference of 2 miles

Tim Hall

A fine ride, thanks every one. I got a bit pre-wossname with my offer of the Pino to User10571, forgetting to consult HMQM, who quite rightfully was a little miffed that the Pino would be going but she wouldn't. But if a prospective stoker has the tendancy to oversleep, maybe it's for the best. (Trivia fans note: the last time the Pino went on an FNRTTC with a different stoker (the lovely Pippsy) User10571 overslept again. Hmm.)

Leapt aboard an LBG FCC service and found my own way to the start, taking in the Olympic sights. Aren't I clever? And off we went, at a fair pace. The promised head wind was rubbish as winds go, not seeming to affect our onward progress. The whizzy speed meant we were in Brentwood too early to see any tottery, although I did spy two blokes, who, drink having taken, were fast asleep on the verge. The lanes through Stock and beyond were, as noted elsewhere, an absolute delight. A lot of gently downhill pointing tarmac. A rapid stop in Maldon then the DZ express was off again at full chat toward Mersea. Chatter on the beach next to some camping snoozing canoeists then all aboard the Saucy Sue for the otherside. Our time constraints were gone, so we pootled a bit for the final miles. Last time I did this ride was two years ago, where we landed at Point Clear and rode through St Osyth and lots of little lanes. I prefer them to the rather A road-tastic finale of this year, but it's no biggie.

Breakfast was fast and good. Plus the bonus of watching crabbing. And the trains Just Worked, although the puzzle of people who arrive at Harwich and don't get off remains unsolved.

Pics.

U

User10571

..... (Trivia fans note: the last time the Pino went on an FNRTTC with a different stoker (the lovely Pippsy) User10571 overslept again. Hmm.)......

Hilarious!
Make of that what you will.^_^

EDIT: WTF is pic#7?
EDIT 2: Need to express my preference for the artic-free roads between Point Clear/ St.Osyth and Harwich. Just sayin' like...
EDIT 3: Pic #13 is definitely RED:tongue: .

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I don't have anything to add to this thread, I just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely write ups and photos, I'd love to join you one year (although the ride home would be brief as I live near Harwich!).
Come on an FNRttC to somewhere else and extend your ride home then ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't have anything to add to this thread, I just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely write ups and photos, I'd love to join you one year (although the ride home would be brief as I live near Harwich!).

Could have met us at brekkie and said hi..... then we could have convinced you to join the SMRbtH...

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Harder.
I overslept / the alarm didn't go off, and so I was woken by a 'Where-the-hell-are-you?' type phone call from DZ at a few minutes past midnight.
Buoyed on by my sudden state of instantaneous alertness (not) "Don't worry, I'll catch you" is all I managed to blurt, before launching myself at the lycra, the bike and the toothbrush, all at the same time.
Therefollowed a very much blurred ride through SE Londres during which time the infringement of a number of traffic regulations may or may not have taken place.
And some of it by me.

jurekmedal.jpg

Top Bottom