FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - te 'Genteel' ride to Brighton on 23rd July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eurygnomes

Finally got the vid uploaded. Have fun, folks.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqKdgmQtpdc[/media]

Andy, that was phenomenal! Fab choice of music too! with such marketing, i might be plus one or two more for whitstable. And i promise to register them well before the ride this time, too.

Saw the birthday boy this morning, on my way to work. He's already wearing one of the birthday jerseys. Well done all conspirators.

See yas on the 27th...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Took the day off? Best thing to do. Best you heal up properly..
now go Rock out at Knebworth...!
thumbsup.png

Getting there I think. Forced to take the day off, couldn't risk causing further damage, contaminating the wounds etc. And a PITA that the GP couldn't fit me in for redressing everything until tomorrow. The left hand one hasn't dried out yet, the dressings on that and the thigh won't stay put....but time's going to be the main thing to heal up, I think. Regardless, I'm still going to Knebworth this weekend (one b***ered weekend was enough).....!!!

Thanks Teef - mine was pre-ride carb loading, all gone now of course....cough.....

Yes, absolutely. We are back to our svelte selves. I washed my excesses away with The Seagull's finest bottled disinfectant. :whistle:

Aside to ride leader, MrS Legg: We usually receive great write ups and photos from the 'regulars' on here but rarely from 'newbie' riders, or regular riders who aren't CChat members. Their opinions would offer another point of interest, so is it worth giving them a follow up email (given that they have to register with you), with a link to 'their ride' - and an encouragement to join CycleChat / CTC whatever?
This may well happen already, in which case I'll shut up.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Took the day off? Best thing to do. Best you heal up properly..
now go Rock out at Knebworth...!
thumbsup.png

Just got back from the surgery, right hand and elbow looked to be healing nicely according to the nurse, temple's just grazed so a rather smaller patch on that one. The thigh wound was still wet so the nurse took a swab for testing, I might want antibiotics for that. Both the thigh and the left hand (also wet) got some iodine, should be going the right way now. Booked for Friday morning
Absolutely not missing Knebworth under any circumstances, been looking forward to that for months.....!!!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bottle of something non-alcholic?

And yup, I can't cycle at the mo....but still having fun, sort of!!!

At your choice monsieur, I'm quite partial to a good (non-alcoholic) ginger beer, and in deference to my Northumbrian DNA a drop of Dandelion & Burdock.:thumbsup:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 1112934"]
Please note the absence of mudguards, racks, panniers, and untalced tubes :smile:
[/quote]

very knobbly tyres though ;)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
At your choice monsieur, I'm quite partial to a good (non-alcoholic) ginger beer, and in deference to my Northumbrian DNA a drop of Dandelion & Burdock.:thumbsup:

Happy with either!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yes, absolutely. We are back to our svelte selves. I washed my excesses away with The Seagull's finest bottled disinfectant. :whistle:

Aside to ride leader, MrS Legg: We usually receive great write ups and photos from the 'regulars' on here but rarely from 'newbie' riders, or regular riders who aren't CChat members. Their opinions would offer another point of interest, so is it worth giving them a follow up email (given that they have to register with you), with a link to 'their ride' - and an encouragement to join CycleChat / CTC whatever?
This may well happen already, in which case I'll shut up.
iit happens sometimes, but it rarely has the result you're after. Very often the 'newbies' are from other constituencies on the mailing list - like club members from around Surrey and Sussex, or friends of friends. Occasionally people are intrigued by the chat on the ride, but oftentimes they're simply not of a forummy disposition

Well, one of the people that I told about Cleethorpes and who came along (with another friend) was saying last week that she was thinking about doing another one out of London.... although I don't think she's signed up to the forum. If I see her this week I'll tell her to get a shift on if it was Whitstable that she was considering. Apart from anything else, she could be a sneaky cake courier from the north..... :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we have to remember that there is a substantial body of folk who look at forums like this one, but never register - and, sometimes, people say things like 'oh, yes, I've been following the rides on Cycle Chat for the last three years...'

Just got back from the surgery, right hand and elbow looked to be healing nicely according to the nurse, temple's just grazed so a rather smaller patch on that one. The thigh wound was still wet so the nurse took a swab for testing, I might want antibiotics for that. Both the thigh and the left hand (also wet) got some iodine, should be going the right way now. Booked for Friday morning
Absolutely not missing Knebworth under any circumstances, been looking forward to that for months.....!!!

Glad you're healing nicely. Which reminds me - if you haven't already done so, don't forget to add a new helmet to the list of things to do. With that graze on your head, the side of the helmet would have been bashed.

Top Bottom