FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Southend-on-Sea 30th April 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
marinyork said:
Is RichP riding on this? I want to be shown all the architectural delights of Southend.

And of course, someone else in this thread is responsible for part of the architecture of Southend sea front. :tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
TimO said:
And of course, someone else in this thread is responsible for part of the architecture of Southend sea front. :sad:

You mean that one of us louts part demolished the British Gas building :sad::ohmy:

View attachment 6030

local knowledge courtesy of ChrisKH

TimO

Guru
rich p said:
You mean that one of us louts part demolished the British Gas building :wacko::ohmy:

That wasn't exactly what I was thinking about. My knowledge of Southend is largely limited to what I've been told on cycle rides. :biggrin:

Cayopro

I am very keen on this ride, could I please have some info ? Mileage, general info, meeting place, times etc .......... Many Thanks....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Cayopro said:
I am very keen on this ride, could I please have some info ? Mileage, general info, meeting place, times etc .......... Many Thanks....

OK: You'll want to email our leader at fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk to register. Preregistration is a must. Simon will want your mobile number and, if you're a CTC member, your membership number. When he comes back from his holiday, he will send you a lavishly illustrated and informative PDF booklet with all the info you'll need.
Southend's fifty-odd miles, pretty much flat even on the bumpier route (which does have one climb worthy of the name). We'll set off from the Wellington Arch on Hyde Park Corner at midnight (be there earlier- 2340 or so- to sign on). Halfway stop will be the services at junction 31, breakfast if you want it at the Rose Restaurant on Southend seafront. Should be there about 7.30.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
approx 120+.. depends on which way we will be making the return journey. As the plan is to get the ferry across the river back to Kent, which will add a few more miles on to the route back into London.

'We' are going back, led by pilot topcat, of the pirate seas! He loves that ride and knows it like the back of stevevw his hand; it will not be an all guns blazing return like last time, with mikee and a train to catch! :smile: This time there will be an inbuilt recreation stop and genteel rules shall apply. (Is that right Dave? :smile:)

Janie_K

Seeing the Easter re run of 'Four Weddings and Funeral' reminds me that I have yet to register for this ride.

Please add me in Simon when you are back in the saddle of fnrttc admin.

Thank you.

Top Bottom