FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 11th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Do pass on my (and guess a lot of other people's) best wishes to Kieran and the crew at AS when you are down there. It was always a very welcome sight at 3am and anybody prepared to happily & jovially cope with us at that hour at any cost is some kind of saint.

Would a quick whip round for something appropriate be in order? Perhaps not a mobile loo ...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
something appropriate be in order?
perhaps we could pop a "get well soon card" through the door when we pass? I've not done this ride before so maybe this is a silly idea, but sticking flowers through a letter box at 3am might be misinterpreted by the neighbours...............
if such a card is needed please tell me and I'll buy one.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm going to go down there in the week and speak to Mrs. Kieran (I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten her name, but User10571 may recall it). Leave the card for a while.

U

User10571

I'm going to go down there in the week and speak to Mrs. Kieran (I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten her name, but User10571 may recall it). Leave the card for a while.

It's Mrs. Magee - I'm not sure I've ever known her first name.

perhaps we could pop a "get well soon card" through the door when we pass? I've not done this ride before so maybe this is a silly idea, but sticking flowers through a letter box at 3am might be misinterpreted by the neighbours...............
if such a card is needed please tell me and I'll buy one.

A FNRttC calendar!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Martin - I make you right on the get well card. I'll check to see whether he has a letterbox, and do the card, which people will be able to sign if they want to.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
At the risk of teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, Google Streetview will show you if there is a letterbox.

hillclimber

Yes please Simon, how could I not put my name down for Whitstable after you have sold it so beautifully in your last email. Hope I'm not too late.
Marilyn

mmmmartin

Random geezer
[QUOTE 1580912"]
How much would a group-saver be?
[/quote]this is what the SE website says: so if it is £19.40 for a single it would be say £38.80 for two, and you could get 4 on that ticket, which would be £10 per person.

Of course, you might orefer to have an extra large Fat Boy Breakfast and burn off the calories by riding home, or at least some of the way home.

With GroupSave 3 or4people can travel together Off-Peak by train for the price of 2 adultstohundreds of destinations

Just turn up in theOff-Peak period, buy yourtickets at the station and get on the train! Whetheryou travel as a group ofadults, or in any combination of adults and children,your party of 3 or 4people will only pay the equivalent of just 2 adultOff-Peak Day Returns,2 adult Off-Peak Day Travelcards (for travel to thecapital only fromstations outside of the London area), or 2 adult Off-PeakReturntickets. If it's a real kids' treat, up to 4 more 5-15 year olds cantravel for£1 each, single or return

wanda2010

Guru
[QUOTE 1580912"]
£19.40 single to London.

How much would a group-saver be? Anyone want to join in? Probs not leaving 'til after 12, though.
[/quote]

I'll be up for joining in CoG, if you don't mind?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you should be able to group together in fours at the Waterfront, and go up to the station accordingly. If you find yourself in a threesome, then it's three for the price of two. Some of us have Network Cards which give a one/third reduction for every rider, so if there were six of us, then four would go Groupsave, and two would go Network Card.

Rode the route with my young assistant on Sunday, and met Ted at Piggy's Diner. Pretty much all sorted there, and no big holes to fall in to on the roads other than the same wretched hole in Erith that I asked them to fill in April. Duty calls, Mike M. Roadworks all over the place, though, so I've got to work on the alternatives

After a full consultation, and having considered all the options including sleeping on my own for the next year, I have decided that we will not be going up Basser Hill, but taking the slightly longer route round via Boxted Lane and High Oak Hill

Top Bottom