FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 17th June 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am usually Davy S, but I have sent my email I while ago... I might have been forgotten... :cry:

Maybe this will throw some light on it, Davy?
lamp.jpg

These threads are often a mine of information. Most of it useless.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I'm very tempted to join you all again on this one, but looking at train fees home made me choke on my Earl Grey. *adjusts monocle*

If I were to ride I'll want to cycle home to Petersfield over a few days with the tent. Does anyone know what the average rolling speed is for the TECs? I can usually manage 11mph with camping kit but don't want to hold anyone back.

Will I get ejected for turning up to the ride with a tent? ;->

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm very tempted to join you all again on this one, but looking at train fees home made me choke on my Earl Grey. *adjusts monocle*

If I were to ride I'll want to cycle home to Petersfield over a few days with the tent. Does anyone know what the average rolling speed is for the TECs? I can usually manage 11mph with camping kit but don't want to hold anyone back.

Will I get ejected for turning up to the ride with a tent? ;->
the magic word is 'Groupsave'. Another magic word is 'Network Card' Except that's two words. You should be able to get a groupsave back to the Great Wen, and you might be able to get a groupsave southward. Other than that, the Network Card will save you bundles over the year.

Tim Hall

Having spoken with HMQM about the foolishness of trying to scoff a pasty at the same speed that I do and the indigestion this may bring, she says, yes please, she'd quite like a trip to Whitstable.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
the magic word is 'Groupsave'. Another magic word is 'Network Card' Except that's two words. You should be able to get a groupsave back to the Great Wen, and you might be able to get a groupsave southward. Other than that, the Network Card will save you bundles over the year.

But...then there's no camping. Sniff.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Don't let him register!!! He'll only want to cycle home as well if you do...... :whistle:

Oi, Cheeky!

Anyhow, I have no intention to ever cycle home again from Whitstable, I just enjoy the views and company to much on this ride.. besides.. ill be saving my legs for your Wooton Bassett charity ride... so I might even offer to waymark at THAT final point....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Can I tentatively put my name down for this one please, struggling to find reasonble train ticket prices at the moment, Chiltern seem to have abandoned the five quid specials occuring at FNRttC friendly times. Promise I'll let you know in plenty of time, I just don't want to miss out.

Top Bottom