FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 9th September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I expect you could do it if it was what you wanted to do - 3 summer months is plenty of time to work up to longer distances. However, while I think that a good proportion of FNRttC-ers could do 200-odd miles in a day, it obviously doesn't mean that they have to or even that they should want to!

200 in a day means an early start, Frank. The FNR itself is a POP - so there would be plenty of time to recuperate 00:00 - 07:00 :biggrin: I might need to send my eau de cologne to York Minster, prior to departure. :whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
it is - although why you're paying £37 when you can get almost all the benefits for twelve is beyond me.......

Well, I was in the CTC before I ever knew about, or could contemplate, a night ride....

on the night - at the end of the ride!

Cool. Can I drill holes in my pound coin to make it lighter?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Good news! We have agreed arrangements with the Bay Horse at Garthorpe. It hasn't been easy - e-mails don't reach the Isle of Axholme.

So, the route is 72 miles, with 12 miles to Melbourne for coffee, then 27 miles down through Goole and across to Garthorpe. From there it's south, across the Trent, and north to Flixborough, looping across through Winterton and then over the Humber Bridge before turning east toward the City of Poets.

I've had the time to go through the entire route on Streetview and it looks brilliant. It's flat - very flat, but with views of the estuary. I'm especially excited about the Isle of Axholme, a sort of lost land pretty much at sea level, protected by a giant dyke.

We should cross the Humber Bridge about 6.30. If the sky is clear it should be a misty morning. That could be good - very good.

So, let's start a list. I'm hoping the first four will be....

Susie F
Greg M
Andrew Br
Kathryn C

and then we'd have
Adrian C
Phil J

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I signed up for Pedal to Paris (week before), but I'm likely to withdraw from that..Cleethorpes was a cracker, so this is rather tempting. I'll hopefully be able to move my leave back a week....

Hurray!

(Although I possibly need to confess that, having had to get a thread retapped last time around, my rack is now threadlocked in place and doesn't come off for anyone....)

Nah - too complicated!

6am start gives 18 hours to do the 200 miles. Plenty of time as it won't be particularly hilly for most of the way and not likely to be a headwind (although it would be today!). Then join the main group at midnight. No need to carry extra spare clothes, book accommodation or post stuff!

I'm seriously thinking about it...

Wake me up at 8 am as you go past and I may tag along. Unless of course I get a cheap train ticket.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Susie F
Greg M
Andrew Br
Kathryn C
Adrian C
Phil J
Adam B
Sam R (I think) - e-mail me, if you would be so kind, on fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk

kimble

Veteran
Ooh, I've been looking forward to this since the Cleethorpes one (which seems like a lifetime and an awful lot of CrinklyCake ago)...

Please add me to the list.

(Kim W)

alans

black belt lounge lizard
[QUOTE 1407838"]
Ooh - will Emily be coming?
[/quote]

I don't know.I've not yet discussed it with my daughter & then Emily.

Top Bottom