Friday Night Ride To Whitstable. 19th Aug 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
You are spoiling him.
He's The Ambassador ?

:laugh:

AlexB

Veteran
Signed up, but likewise, not enamoured of the new start point. I agree that getting from HPC can be a pain, but really not a fan of the London Bridge/Tower Bridge part of town.

Brains

Legendary Member
Arse
I couldn't do the last one as I was in Norway
and I cant do this one as I've got a wedding
When is the next one ?

U

User10571

Arse
I couldn't do the last one as I was in Norway
and I cant do this one as I've got a wedding
When is the next one ?
Possibly (out of my jurisdiction - I'm just guessing) March / April / May of next year.
Maybe.
Really depends on the say-so of Tim......

Last edited by a moderator:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hmm, I fancy this but not sure family stuff might get in the way. Let me see...

if someone can give me a heads up, id appreciate it
Dates will be set over the winter once all the ride leaders have discussed and agreed when they're available. Some rides get moved around later, depending on what our halfways stops have to say.

My estimate is we'll have a list posted in January.

@Brains suggest you sign up to our newsletter so you'll get notified as soon as possible.

http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/interesting-in-our-rides-heres-how-to.html

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just looked and there are no more "classic" HPC to Coast rides after this one this year :sad: I've messed up my diary commitments good and proper over the past few months. FNRttC to be given higher priority in 2017!

But back on topic - have a good time everyone!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Just to say............one of my regrets is that I didn't move the start from Hyde Park Corner. There's little shelter, no loos and no coffee, and, most importantly, it's not a particularly safe take-off. Now that Johnson's bike lane has stripped all the joy out of the run along the Embankment the case for a change is overwhelming.

However....for future use. The Understudy bar on the South Bank is open until 2am and most Victoria trains allow one to change on to a Waterloo train at Clapham Junction. Just a thought.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just to say............one of my regrets is that I didn't move the start from Hyde Park Corner. There's little shelter, no loos and no coffee, and, most importantly, it's not a particularly safe take-off.
I find it's normally the most stressful bit of the whole ride. I don't like it.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I find it's normally the most stressful bit of the whole ride. I don't like it.
You want to try getting 80 people to concentrate at the start and staring down taxi drivers, matey! It was a miracle there weren't skidmarks all the way down Constitution Hill

It only really worked well when Titus or his colleague was with us.

The ride along the bankside to Montague Close, and under London Bridge is lovely late at night. One is supposed to walk at the Oxo Tower, though

Last edited:
Top Bottom