Fridays Tour 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think we'd take some catering equipment with us if we stayed in the UK. I'll ask about kitchenwares, but you need one big mother of a saucepan if you were doing spag or rice for 40.

Tim Hall

FWIW (probably not very much, but hey ho), each Easter I organise a get together of friends, their lovers, partners, children and misc. hangers on. This Easter we had 34 (I think). In the run up I ask for catering volunteers. One family organised the buying of breakfasts, another the makings for packed lunches, evening meals were done similarly. Cost per (adult) head was about £15.00 for the (long) weekend IIRC.

EDIT: IME, big houses such as we've used in the past, and you're looking at, will have pans of sufficient capacity to feed the number of people, plus a bit, that can fit in.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I think we'd take some catering equipment with us if we stayed in the UK. I'll ask about kitchenwares, but you need one big mother of a saucepan if you were doing spag or rice for 40.

I've got one of those. I've never tried to carry it on a bike though.

That's rubbish. It all comes in handy little tins these days...there are little round things like orange rabbit droppings too - beans + scorched bread..that'll do for everyone.You lot are sooooo fussy.:smile:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
the modest distance from Cherbourg to Brix would allow us to put luggage in a taxi at Cherbourg and send it on ahead in a couple of panniers and put them on the racks on our bikes, and the bikes' mudguards would protect the panniers from any muck on the road.
FTFY, no problem, glad to help
:evil:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
OK - let me run this by you....house in Brix, 12km or so from Cherbourg
the house details add this little gem:
"If assistance is needed with catering the owners can organize breakfasts. An English chef, James, is available for hire for any special occasions. Please enquire"

and the hamlet has a post office, a ladies' hairdresser, a butcher, a boulangerie and a bar that sells Kronenbourg, which i understand is yellow and fizzy but nevertheless alcoholic. And in Google Streetview the sun is shining, which is a pretty good guarantee, IMHO.

(EDIT)
and i just noticed it says this:
"The Chateau la Monte Epinge Estate can sleep 44 guests. The property comprises 3 main buildings - the Chateau (sleeps 27), the Carriage House (sleeps 12), and the Mews (sleeps 5)."
(2nd EDIT)
and to give an idea of pricing, it's £100 (for August this year) return Portsmouth-Cherbourg in the fast ferry with a bike.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom