Fridays Tour 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
DSC_0976_3.jpg

Middleham House - not such a good bet, because it only holds 20

if, and it's a pretty big if with 2 small ones, I could get time off for such a venture, I wouldn't mind cooking at all, although I am vegan unfriendly...

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I pulled out of LonJOG due to a family bereavement. But would like to do 2013.

Just seen this thread and can't be arsed reading all 9 pages. What's the consensus on route/s and dates if any?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I pulled out of LonJOG due to a family bereavement. But would like to do 2013.

Just seen this thread and can't be arsed reading all 9 pages. What's the consensus on route/s and dates if any?
It is emerging as we correspond.

sorry for your loss

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Basically, tending to a huge house for 20 with people staying for various times, not all the people all the time, as it were, perhaps with tents in the garden, somewhere possibly but not necessarily in Lincolnshire, Yorkshire or less likely Norfolk, with day rides possibly using trains to get to the start or the finish, and perhaps with one midnight start of an overnight ride to somewhere with a fried breakfast and beer. Crossing Ireland has been run up the flagpole but not many saluted, and the same happened with Wales and Cumbria. France was mentioned but Simon said that would mean a much smaller event, and I agree.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Twice in the last few years I've been on a group paragliding break to Annecy. We took over a B&B that sleeps 8+, some more camping in the garden and at a nearby site. We had the property on a self catering basis and took turns to cook the main meal. Most people seem to have a dish that they are happy to cook. So long as the kitchen is equipped for it, it should be doable, and I've always managed to drink whilst cooking:becool: .
I got the highest I've been on a paraglider around lake Annecy, over 7000 ft above sea level. ^_^

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I wouldn't entirely rule out Normandy
Cor blimey! Chateau pron! Looks well lovely and I can see a FNRttC Newhaven Dieppe thingy happening.
Dates are my problem, not venue. I'll follow you unto the very jaws of death, Dellzeqq, providing the dates work with my department workload.

GVSAM7

Regular
Hey guys,
Normandy is a great place to cycle. I did a 9 day tour there on April and I can recomend a few places. Michelin map 513 for Normandy is a great asset since it mentions the scenic routes in each area.
A more challenging option if I may suggest would be Peloponnese tour in Greece. It is going to involve some climbing but the views, the food and the sights are rewarding. Furthermore Peloponnese is not as expensive as other touristic parts.

thom

____
Twice in the last few years I've been on a group paragliding break to Annecy. We took over a B&B that sleeps 8+, some more camping in the garden and at a nearby site. We had the property on a self catering basis and took turns to cook the main meal. Most people seem to have a dish that they are happy to cook. So long as the kitchen is equipped for it, it should be doable, and I've always managed to drink whilst cooking:becool: .
I got the highest I've been on a paraglider around lake Annecy, over 7000 ft above sea level. ^_^
The real problem with cycling near Annecy is, well there's too much. You could never do it justice in a week. That and the long sunny days - I'm not sure people would like that.
But seriously, there are proper hills round there which are not for everyone and in a week you'd end up doing a few, some higher than 7000 ft...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom