Fridays Tour 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
1910965 said:
Never mind how we get there, who is going to do the cooking eh?
there would be some kind of rota, or we could hire a cook and assist him or her.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Once you're out of the south-east, there's less of an issue about bikes on trains. It would need some study, but it shouldn't be too hard to pick areas with a frequent service between them, able to take a certain number of bikes per train. Of course some people will just cycle everywhere and shun a train, anyway.
the nearest station is Skegness, which is served by small trains from Nottingham - the ones that run through Bingham. To be honest it would be a faff getting up there by train. The question is - would we hire a van for the week?

Sketchley

Über Member
1910965 said:
Never mind how we get there, who is going to do the cooking eh?

I like cooking, however for 30 ish people would be challenge particuarly after a days cycling. i'd be up for some of it though.

Sketchley

Über Member
the nearest station is as Skegness, which is served by small trains from Nottingham - the ones that run through Bingham. To be honest it would be a faff getting up there by train. The question is - would we hire a van for the week?

I know not everyone can but for me one of the attractions of being in one place for a week, is travelling to and from by car with the bike on a rack on the bike, you cannot do that on tour plus Mrs Sketchley could also come too.....

If a few of use are there with cars and racks picking others up with luggage and racks from say Lincoln (must be good trains there) wouldn't be a big ask. Or simply just pick up luggage and let them ride to the house.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A Focus C-max can fit three people and two bikes with very little fettling - or two people and at least three bikes.

Tompy

I can fit three bikes on my roof and two on the towbar carrier leaving the boot free for luggage and room for 4.5 people in the car.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
this is all looking promising. i couldn't come before the middle of june though. or after the middle of july.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom