Friend who disappeared has been found, but he doesn't seem too keen on meeting up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
@Accy cyclist How did the midnight meet-up go?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hopefully all three of us are meeting up here in Great Harwood in three weeks time. The bloke I was out with last night suggested them coming over here rather than me travelling to 5 miles away Blackburn where both of them live. He seemed concerned about my mobility and ability to catch the right bus home, which I found quite nice of him. The one who couldn't make it on Saturday night was 'self isolating' after having a mild dose of Covid. I liked the pub we were in on Saturday night, so I might still go over there. We used to do an 'alternative to the accepted normal' pub crawl in Blackburn in the late 1970's, so it brought back memories, mentioned a lot in our meeting. Even though it's a new 'pub', opened about 5 years ago, it's designed on a traditional theme with lots of stuff about Blackburn's pub history. https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/84765/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We're meeting up over here on Saturday. It seems a bit of friction has already appeared in the rekindled friendship.:rolleyes: The one who couldn't make it 3 weeks ago because he was self isolating said/texted "Didn’t know you’d met up a few weeks ago?!" I replied that it was a last minute decision and obviously he couldn't make it as he was self isolating. After that he stopped texting.🤔 I think he's peeved because I haven't mentioned it in our last few days text messages. I didn't mention it as I thought I/we would mention it this coming Saturday. Honestly, people are so touchy/sensitive these days! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think he's peeved
That does sound a bit off for an adult. Yes some people are like that, but I wouldn't be too fussed about meeting up again if this person is likely to cause drama. But then again he might just have been having an off day

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The three of us are (so far) meeting up at a pub this Friday. Nice if it was a lively but still able to communicate pub, but the 2 others want to watch the England world cup match in this pub. I don't fancy that at all. We haven't met up in person since last January. I'd like to have face to face conversations instead of internet messages (even though they are beneficial) and not having to shout to be heard over loads of idiots chanting "Engurland Engurland" whatever. I haven't been to a pub since last February, so I'm a bit pub phobic and It'll cost me about 50 quid for the pleasure, including from experience, none too friendly disability and dog friendly taxis. Should I go or not?🤔

Last edited:
The three of us are (so far) meeting up at a pub this Friday. Nice if it was a lively but still able to communicate pub, but the 2 others want to watch the England world cup match in this pub. I don't fancy that at all. We haven't met up in person since last January. I'd like to have face to face conversations instead of internet messages (even though they are beneficial) and not having to shout to be heard over loads of idiots chanting "Engurland Engurland" whatever. I haven't been to a pub since last February, so I'm a bit pub phobic and It'll cost me about 50 quid for the pleasure, including from experience, none too friendly disability and dog friendly taxis. Should I go or not?🤔

I would pass if you are not into WC and as you pointed out a conversation would be unlikely. Pity it would help break the usual routine.

Top Bottom