Friend who disappeared has been found, but he doesn't seem too keen on meeting up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I 'know' more people here on CC than I know from my school days! How sad is that! :laugh:

Almost as sad as me knowing more 'friends' in the cemetery than ones still alive!:laugh:

Kingfisher101

Ãœber Member
You need to leave it. Sending multiple texts and getting one word answers back show that's hes not bothered really/or hasn't got time. Either way you need to back right off. A lot of people move on and don't want to be having meet ups with friends from the past. You just have to respect that really.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
In my experience genuine friends who are rediscovered do meet up; but always to talk about the present even if that is illustrated by allusions to shared history. Of the others who share some history, some do not relate to it any more and have no urge to continue the relationship; and a small minority cling to their history so strongly that they effectively have no present. The latter group feel sad to me and I do not encourage their company, the first group are part of life's riches.

yello

It looks like me not being too pushy has made him show a bit more enthusiasm.
Yep, you've piqued his curiosity. Doesn't mean he'll turn up though, he could just being contrary and playing hard to get! So a nonchalant reply might reel him in a little further.

Top Bottom