Friend who disappeared has been found, but he doesn't seem too keen on meeting up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I would send him a text if you are going to meet up with your other mate letting him know when and where. If he doesn't respond or turn up then draw a line under it. If you look back in life at people who have been friends but aren't any more there is normally a reason be it change in job, location, leaving school or college etc. If they are a really good friend worth worrying about they will probably have stayed in touch.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If they are a really good friend worth worrying about they will probably have stayed in touch.
Yes, he could've contacted me in those 20 years. He knew where I lived during most of that time. He'll also have seen my Facebook page if he was looking for it. Do you know, I'm beginning to dislike him already and we haven't even met up yet!!:laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yes, he could've contacted me in those 20 years. He knew where I lived during most of that time. He'll also have seen my Facebook page if he was looking for it. Do you know, I'm beginning to dislike him already and we haven't even met up yet!!:laugh:
I hate the daffodil and I've never even met him.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had a lot of interactions like that, but face to face. Blokes I went to school with and not seen for 25 years, bumped into them in another town or soemthing, went up and said "Hi Jon, remember me?" and they reply "oh yeah" and walk off! And these were guys that I was fairly good friends with.
Don't take it personally, I don't know if it's a memory thing or a personality thing, but I remember everything from school (names, faces, what we used to play at playtime) yet some people I meet remember virtually nothing. All you can do is reach out, and if it's not taken up then leave it. Also remember that some people who were nice 30+ years ago are not nice now. Sad but true

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The past is often a foreign land best left in the memories

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He hasn't sent a text message since his "No not yet" at 06.39 this morning, which was in reply to my "Anywhere near retiring" question. This to me sounds like he's not too enthusiastic about a group meet up. Maybe I should leave the past in the past...or summat like that.:unsure:

Top Bottom