Friendly (not friendly) sellers on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Surely that sidecar should be on the other side ?

He likes his 🐈 then :blush:

An awful lot of blurb that I gave up reading after a while as it wasn't all making sense and then I looked at his other items :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. Be careful who you casually wind up, as it's never quite so amusing when they turn out to be a real loon and don't let it go.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
They've been honest, but maybe not nice in the messages.

On Saturday I won a pair of wheels and the seller immediately asked for another £170 extra as they had gone too cheap. They chose to re-list as I said no, so they've been reported.
It was up to them to set the reserve. You are legally entitled to purchase at the winning bid.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've come across a few loons in my time on there, both buying and selling

I tried to explain to one person that, the reason their son probably didn't like the new bike you bought him for Xmas was the forks were a) on backwards, b) the wrong travel and c) the wrong size wheel in comparison to the rear wheel

This was answered by a tirade of abuse and denials about the bike being stolen, even though I had not mentioned it. I reported it

Another time I sold a pair of Mrs V's shoes to another loon, who then gave me a bad review about the amount of postage I charged (£3). When I explained that they actually cost £3.50 to post and requested to change the review to a better one, she threatened to hunt me down and do some exploratory surgery via my bottom, with a piece of equipment unsuitable for the task.

Again I reported it, got the bad review removed, along with the loon from eBay.

Jody

Stubborn git
Whatever you do, DO NOT check that sellers other items for sale.... :eek: :biggrin:

Can we just add a NSFW to that post. Managed to click the cross just in time otherwise it would have looked slightly dodgy :whistle:

They've been honest, but maybe not nice in the messages.

On Saturday I won a pair of wheels and the seller immediately asked for another £170 extra as they had gone too cheap. They chose to re-list as I said no, so they've been reported.
do let us know how this goes - I'd be interested.

OP
OP
Pedropete

Pedropete

Guru
Where do you get off on 'winding him up' and deciding to 'wind him up a bit more'?

All done, no doubt, from the safety of your keyboard and a made up user name.

Seems to me a nasty, cowardly, way to behave.

And over what?

A tatty old bike worth a few hundred.
Goodness. Aren't we righteously indignant today! So you've not read my responses to other posts then? Made it quite clear that I was asking reasonable questions with a genuine interest in buying and it was the seller who got stroppy, not the other way round. That was when I decided to push a bit, as I would've done face to face if someone was being a pillock.

And can I ask where you get off taking a pop at me from behind your keyboard, with your made up name? I'd ask you to your face too if it helps, but I suspect you wouldn't challenge me like that face to face, so lets leave it there, sweetness :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Goodness. Aren't we righteously indignant today! So you've not read my responses to other posts then? Made it quite clear that I was asking reasonable questions with a genuine interest in buying and it was the seller who got stroppy, not the other way round. That was when I decided to push a bit, as I would've done face to face if someone was being a pillock.

And can I ask where you get off taking a pop at me from behind your keyboard, with your made up name? I'd ask you to your face too if it helps, but I suspect you wouldn't challenge me like that face to face, so lets leave it there, sweetness :okay:

I'm not indignant, but I do think your behaviour was very poor.

Where do you get off on being nasty to people?

Perhaps you could answer the question rather than avoiding it.

I genuinely don't understand the motivation.

Rather like people who choose to wind up cold callers on the telephone.

Don't get me wrong, I don't entertain them for more than a few seconds.

A firm 'no thanks' as I put the phone down is my method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom