Front brake problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frazer

I dont know what has happened to my front brake, the last 100 times ive ridden I havent even had to look at it and its been fine, but today just as I was about to set off I noticed that something wasn't right.

Basically, the right hand (looking from the direction of the saddle) brake block is resting against the rim, meaning the left block is a fair way off the rim. Normally of course I would just assume it had been knocked and push it back into place, but everytime I try to push it back it just falls straight back into the same position. Its like the whole brake system has fallen loose overnight. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
F

Frazer

Dual pivot long reach

OP
OP
F

Frazer

how do I get to the bolt in the middle? I can probably get a thin spanner in on the nut behind the whole brake caliper, connecting it to the frame, if thats what you mean? But there seems to be a bolt i should be able to get an allen key into at the front but it is blocked by part of the caliper which i cant get out of the way however i try.

OP
OP
F

Frazer

ok ive fixed it, the bolt i had to tighten was on the other side of the forks lol....never even knew it was there, feel like a bit of an idiot now

domtyler

Über Member
Well done for fixing it, next time you have to do it while you are actually cycling along the road.

Top Bottom