Front dérailleur adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Can anyone give me a link to a video showing how to adjust a triple front dérailleur please.

I have a Marin Valley hybrid with chain rub through the fd.

I have 2 other road bikes with the barrel adjuster along the frames but I'm guessing the adjuster is up on the breaks/gear shifters?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Your derailleur might be out of alignment.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Can anyone give me a link to a video showing how to adjust a triple front dérailleur please.

I have a Marin Valley hybrid with chain rub through the fd.

I have 2 other road bikes with the barrel adjuster along the frames but I'm guessing the adjuster is up on the breaks/gear shifters?
If it's chain rub through all the gears, then as @vernon says, the derailleur is wrongly adjusted and needs rotating. If it's only certain gears, then it needs further infromation. If it rubs big-big or small-small, that's just bad gear selection on your part. More info please :smile:

OP
OP
citybabe

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
The cable wasn't taut enough that's all in the end. :blush:
It just needed pulling through the bolt a little more and tightened.

Thanks for your help guys ^_^

leonardodaforce

Hi there citybabe I recently made a film about how to adjust your front dérailleur. If you are still having problems with yours, I hope my film helps. While it's not the easiest of jobs, it's not as difficult as most people imagine. Let me know how you get on. Good luck.

Top Bottom