Front Derailleur Chain Rub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Driving me nuts!!
Completely convinced it's a Friday afternoon Giant special.
So, after taking it back for 4th time at the beginning of June,the LBS claimed that it was my shoes/pedals/cleats (which I bought from them )making the loud clicking noise.
I have since replaced the cleats & pedals,one month on,still no further forward.
I have also ridden two bikes from the same dealer purchased post mine,neither have the issue & both owners have ridden my bike & the noise issue replicates & the jumpy gear change is also the same for them on my bike.
At the point where I am going to ask for the Bike to be replaced or a full refund,which is frustrating because they are really nice people to deal with & I am the type of person that hates complaining.
What sort of cleats and shoes do you have? My shoes take both two and three bolt cleats and I have three bolts cleats on them. Sometimes when out riding the little moveable piece of sole for the two bolt cleats moves inside the shoe driving me mad until I work out, again, what it is.

OP
OP
VeganWheels

VeganWheels

Get the other bikes owners to tell the LBS that they are having the same problems on your bike when they ride it.
It might help both the LBS and Giant to understand that it's not just in your head if other people have the same experience on the bike.
Then the LBS is more likely to fight just that little bit harder to get it fixed/replaced & Giant will be more likely to listen/act rather than dismiss it out of hand.
Good luck.
Thank you.
They are very accepting of this,another friend of my bought a similar Giant from them less than two weeks ago,he's ridden mine & straight away said that was it bloody terrible,he described the gear change jumpy & very clunky,he also said he would not want to ride it far with that & the loud front end clicking noise.
I've ridden his & it's a delight to ride compared to to mine,the LBS are aware of this.
It's only a small thing but the tubeless tyres have never quite sealed from new,I lose a very consistent 35 - 40 psi between every ride

OP
OP
VeganWheels

VeganWheels

What sort of cleats and shoes do you have? My shoes take both two and three bolt cleats and I have three bolts cleats on them. Sometimes when out riding the little moveable piece of sole for the two bolt cleats moves inside the shoe driving me mad until I work out, again, what it is.
It's not the shoes or cleats,they don't move, but mine are the three bolt.
The noise increases with speed & pedal pressure.

Top Bottom