Front derailleur please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HOU5EY

I'm looking to buy a new front derailleur for my hybrid my crankset is 28, 38, 48 and 7 speed rear. Please can I get some advice on what I need? I see a lot of them are listed as mtb /hybrid. Is the derailleur dependent on the crank size... Thanks

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

I also need the clamp so if anybody knows of the whole kit that would be great, thanks

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm looking to buy a new front derailleur for my hybrid my crankset is 28, 38, 48 and 7 speed rear. Please can I get some advice on what I need? I see a lot of them are listed as mtb /hybrid. Is the derailleur dependent on the crank size... Thanks

No. It's more dependent on chain ring size.

Without knowing the specifics of the the derailleurs that you have in mind it's impossible to comment. Why not use your local bike shop? They might be a tad more expensive than online but you'll get the correct parts.

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Before you buy - some things you need to know....
Clamp sizes differ and the wrong size won't fit. Your current derailleur may state what size clamp it is - or you may need to measure.

Some front derailleurs are top pull and others are bottom pull - while some can be top or bottom pull. This means if the gear cable pulls the lever down from underneath it is bottom pull and if it pulls from above it is top pull. Make sure you get the right one or one that will work top or bottom.

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

Before you buy - some things you need to know....
Clamp sizes differ and the wrong size won't fit. Your current derailleur may state what size clamp it is - or you may need to measure.

Some front derailleurs are top pull and others are bottom pull - while some can be top or bottom pull. This means if the gear cable pulls the lever down from underneath it is bottom pull and if it pulls from above it is top pull. Make sure you get the right one or one that will work top or bottom.
Thanks, hopefully the one I went for should be ok . It's top or bottom and the crank size is the same as mine. It should be delivered tomorrow so fingers crossed :smile:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/301487695986?cmd=VIDESC

Top Bottom