Front Derailleur problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbossa

I have a 1994 Marin Eldridge Grade and as I’m getting a bit older have decided to convert to an E-Bike. On trying to do this on the existing mechs I found a problem fitting a PAS sensor disc, on torquing the cranks the sensor rubbed against the frame an the pedals would not turn so I opted for a larger BB spindle (113 to 118mm) to accommodate. The problem now is my front mech (Deore lx) won’t move to the large ring. Can I overcome this by changing front mech, if yes any suggestions or specs to look for?

bottom Brkt shell 68mm

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have a 1994 Marin Eldridge Grade and as I’m getting a bit older have decided to convert to an E-Bike. On trying to do this on the existing mechs I found a problem fitting a PAS sensor disc, on torquing the cranks the sensor rubbed against the frame an the pedals would not turn so I opted for a larger BB spindle (113 to 118mm) to accommodate. The problem now is my front mech (Deore lx) won’t move to the large ring. Can I overcome this by changing front mech, if yes any suggestions or specs to look for?

bottom Brkt shell 68mm
have you adjusted the high travel screw

OP
OP
M

Mbossa

Do you mean that pushing by hand, the cage reaches the end of travel before it reaches the outside ring, even with the high limit screw taken out?
yes tried that also

Top Bottom