Front Derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Straighten it if possible or buy a new one.

Mike_P

Guru
Have you tried adjusting the limit screws, as @Spiderweb says you are almost certain to get to chain rub when cross gearing which does provide an audible indication that you really need to change onto the other chainring.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Thanks. Yep one of my relatives gave me instructions but it is defintly bent. Is it easy enough to fix a new one?
I'm not shore what one to find...As in sizing

Mike_P

Guru
How many front gears, 2 usually?
How many rear gears as that may dictate the width of the cage?
How is it attached to the seat tube?
Then have a look at the likes of Wiggle to see what is available.

the snail

Guru
They also come in top/bottom pull, top/bottom swing - quite a few variations. If you can post a picture that would help. Also type of bike, no of gears. Shimano derailleurs usually have a model number on the inside face somewhere.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

They also come in top/bottom pull, top/bottom swing - quite a few variations. If you can post a picture that would help. Also type of bike, no of gears. Shimano derailleurs usually have a model number on the inside face somewhere.
Carrera Vulcan Hardtail MTB. 3 gears at front, 8gears at back. I will post pic later

CXRAndy

Guru
Take a few photos from different viewpoints indicating the bends. IF its bent, it would be cheaper to replace, importantly, more reliable.

Top Bottom