Front luggage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
My Dawes 501 has Aero forks (whatever they are) and although they are light, smooth and super to touch, they don't have braze on's:sad:

What other options do I have? Is another small rack available that does not need to utilise forks as fixing points? I am not fussed much about capacity but I don't want to keep 100% of the weight of my gear at the rear.

domtyler

Über Member
Just use a strong cable tie. Put something in between the rack and the fork though to stop it rubbing the finish of the fork.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
MarkF said:
My Dawes 501 has Aero forks (whatever they are) and although they are light, smooth and super to touch, they don't have braze on's:sad:

What other options do I have? Is another small rack available that does not need to utilise forks as fixing points? I am not fussed much about capacity but I don't want to keep 100% of the weight of my gear at the rear.

There shouldn't be a problem with 100% of the luggage weight being at the rear unless the weight is excessive and is cantilevered rearwards and you are climbing a steep hill :biggrin:

My first tours were short three day affairs with only rear panniers. I subsequently bought some front panniers but didn't notice any change in the quality of the rides.

domtyler

Über Member
I have to use front panniers when the child seat is on my bike as the rears won't fit between the seat and the rack. My only option was to buy the front rack and fit it using cable ties as I have a carbon fibre front fork.

I already had my Ortlieb front rollers so decided to go the DIY route! :biggrin:

Top Bottom