Front panniers for a silly fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
Right!

I'm off on a wee jaunt soon, there will be hills, and at the moment I've only got 2 rear ortlieb classic rollers, which are brilliant.

I'd like to spread the weight a little over the front of the bike and will be looking to get some ortlieb front panniers as well but I'm a little lost as to which rack is going to fit my Genesis Equillibrium Disc 20. The Fork is hugely asymmetric, and the disc side is flared and flat, where as the non disc side is more "traditionally" shaped.

Has anyone got any experience on how adjustable any of the front rack solutions are? I'm expecting to have to bodge something somewhere!

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Crown is drilled (I presume thats where a traditional brake would be mounted, right?)

Mid fork mounting points.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran

On it, should be in soon!

KneesUp

Guru
Crown is drilled (I presume thats where a traditional brake would be mounted, right?)

Mid fork mounting points.
It's got mounting points? I guess they are ok with weight being carried then, so the fact it's carbon shouldn't matter?

If you bolt into the mounting points, does the asymmetry matter?

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
It's got mounting points? I guess they are ok with weight being carried then, so the fact it's carbon shouldn't matter?

If you bolt into the mounting points, does the asymmetry matter?

I'm not sure if the mounting points are in a rack specific position. I've got no issue with loading up carbon forks (and personally I don't think anyone should, but each to their own) I just don't particularly want to clamp them as theyre a funny shape and I can't see a way in which clamps wouldn't bugger up the finish.

KneesUp

Guru
Are they these ones?

fork.png

I'd assume they were rack mounts hidden inside the fork leg for aesthetic reasons, surely?

Top Bottom