Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
i wonder if the swimmers of the US would agree with you there

What would they disagree with.......that he's a ruthless lawyer who gets results for his paymasters? You do realise I haven't condoned, or even commented or implied a view on the morality of, his conduct at USA Swimming.........For the record, it sticks in my craw how lawyers will often defend or obfuscate the indefensible.

also tygart is the CEO of USADA or did that escape you, why would USADA sniff round a UK cycling team

WADA, UKAD or the UCI might consider engaging him as a consultant, or offering an appointment as part of their legal teams. Maybe he fancies a change from USADA CEO........

Adam4868

Guru
Whistleblowing has a very important place in British law, including in investigations such as these.

In this case, there's no reason to doubt the ability of the select committee to assess the credibility of the witness correctly. It says:

The identity of this person is known to us; they are well respected within the cycling community and held a senior position at Team Sky at the time of the events under investigation.

Anyway, I should imagine anyone who knows the team/management structure, and knows who was employed by Sky, during the period in question would be able to deduce who the whistleblower is, given the very specific knowledge they demonstrate in their evidence.

There is clearly enough verifiable content in the witness's evidence to establish their credibility - and remember the committee does know who it is. Given their testimony doesn't come across as much of a grievance, and is very much presented as simply clarifying matters and setting the record straight on certain points, then the select committee has obviously made the correct decision to give credence to and publish it and to use it in determining its findings...... and whilst I am also very curious to know the identity, I'm prepared to delegate making this judgment to the select committee, and for the identity to remain undisclosed to protect the individual.
I get what your saying but for me id prefer to hear or know who it's coming from.Did this anonymous source not say something along the lines of not just Wiggins but a smaller group of riders were taking things out of competition ?
Maybe just the way my mind works but I'm very black and white so to speak.Name them or put your own name to it or I don't buy it.I hope I'm not wrong....

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What would they disagree with.......that he's a ruthless lawyer who gets results for his paymasters? You do realise I haven't condoned, or even commented or implied a view on the morality of, his conduct at USA Swimming.........For the record, it sticks in my craw how lawyers will often defend or obfuscate the indefensible.
maybe they would disagree with the fact that he gets results or does he only get results when he wants them known to the public.......in the case of the US swimmers it looks like he was illicit in the cover up

Four months later (!) the National Board of Review heard the case against Chocron (in absentia) and banned him from USA Swimming. Tygart served as the prosecuting attorney for USA Swimming throughout this internal board of review (a kangaroo court where the organization serves as prosecutor, judge, and jury).

Naturally, USA Swimming immediately notified the public about the sexual predator in the midst of their sport…

HA, just kidding! The review board said nothing to the public, and the man who would later be charged with overseeing anti-doping in the United States remained silent (which he has done to this day). Remaining silent is giving explicit aid to the coverup of these events.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
And given all that, like @Marmion said, Wiggins, Brailsford et al and Sky are lucky that Tygart isn't hunting them down.......

jowwy

And given all that, like @Marmion said, Wiggins, Brailsford et al and Sky are lucky that Tygart isn't hunting them down.......
he would prob just cover it up like he did back then.........ah but this is more high profile, so maybe he wont......

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
i wonder if the swimmers of the US would agree with you there..................also tygart is the CEO of USADA or did that escape you, why would USADA sniff round a UK cycling team
Pretty sure Sky has riders who race on US licences, so doesn't that give them some scope? Riding for a Kazakh team didn't save Lance.

jowwy

Pretty sure Sky has riders who race on US licences, so doesn't that give them some scope? Riding for a Kazakh team didn't save Lance.
I don't know does it??? Who??

I'm sure when LA ,won his 7 TDF he was riding for US postal.........then on his comeback he rode for Astana, but his case was already high profile and the radar of USADA way before then, they did however use his biological passport during his comeback, to in the end catch him.

But I don't think wiggins as ever returned a drug anomaly, unlike JTL, Froome, contador, valverde, pantani and quite a few others

jowwy

Actually, boring and nitpicky though it may be, JTL never did return an AAF did he? It was all biological passport stuff wasn't it? Not that it matters.
Did I say AAF? I believe i said a drug anomaly, which would include a biological passport anomaly

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But I don't think wiggins as ever returned a drug anomaly, unlike JTL, Froome, contador, valverde, pantani and quite a few others
If he returned a drug anomaly and explained it to the satisfaction of the tribunal, we'll never know unless the bears fancy it, so I think that's a silly thing to write.

I'm sure Wiggins will say he never returned a drug needle, sorry, anomaly...

jowwy

If he returned a drug anomaly and explained it to the satisfaction of the tribunal, we'll never know unless the bears fancy it, so I think that's a silly thing to write.

I'm sure Wiggins will say he never returned a drug needle, sorry, anomaly...
Im pretty sure the "in the know" person would have told the select committee if he had....

And then you could all jump on that band wagon aswell then.....all aboard

Did they not think having Team SKY coloured medication would arouse some suspicion?
=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buy-modafinil-uk.com%2Fimg%2Fuploads%2F8228-Serevent-50-Mcg-60-Doses-Accuhaler.jpg

Top Bottom