Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Siclo

Veteran
David Millar and Tyler Hamilton have admitted to abusing the TUE system to take Kenacort 20 years ago and I doubt it was a new thing even then.

And it's exactly why Geert Leinders was given a lifetime ban, beneficiaries included Steven de Jongh.

I couldn't think where Sky got the idea.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

View: https://twitter.com/lionelbirnie/status/973194738831642624

Now, someone remind me which sport Richard Freeman was working in before he joined Sky...

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As for solving the problem of TUE abuse, UKAD have been trying to get triamcinolone banned outright for ages but WADA have resisted so far. Probably because WADA agree with those like @mjr who don't want to see athletes with genuine chronic medical conditions punished for the crimes of others.
But even I'm uncomfortable with triamcinolone because there appear to be alternatives without the performance enhancing attributes for most of its uses... but we're really back to the question of how you avoid having doctors working in the sport who will pick the PED over the non-PE drug to make a pushy team boss happy.

400bhp

Guru
But even I'm uncomfortable with triamcinolone because there appear to be alternatives without the performance enhancing attributes for most of its uses... but we're really back to the question of how you avoid having doctors working in the sport who will pick the PED over the non-PE drug to make a pushy team boss happy.

Independent doctors accredited by the UCI. Not dissimilar to a process we have in my line of work.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
i just said he was back tracking.

Is he back-tracking though? It looks to me like he's just reiterating what he said first time round.

Of course, he doesn't do himself any favours with his confused thinking - what he's describing as an "ethical line" being crossed is actually an infringement of the rules. In that respect, Redgrave is correct that it's black and white - it's either cheating (obtaining a TUE under false pretences) or it's not cheating (the TUE was obtained for legitimate medical reasons).

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
UCI history is not exactly squeaky clean

Outrageous slur! :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Enough to use him to back up your mancrush, let's be honest you'd quote Trump if he said Wiggo had a nice bum
So because i have a different opinion to you, i have a mancrush

Grow up will you. Not everyone believes the rubbish

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom