Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So because i have a different opinion to you, i have a mancrush

Grow up will you. Not everyone believes the rubbish
I can't remember if you've dealt satisfactorily with the thing that sticks in my craw. The fact that Wiggins persuasively wrote in his autobiog. that he had never had an injection except for vaccines but that has been shown to be am outright lie.
FWIW, I still remember using that written section as a 'proof' of his cleanliness back in 2012, to friends who questioned him. It makes me look slightly foolish now and, believe me, I don't need any help.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I can't remember if you've dealt satisfactorily with the thing that sticks in my craw. The fact that Wiggins persuasively wrote in his autobiog. that he had never had an injection except for vaccines but that has been shown to be am outright lie.
FWIW, I still remember using that written section as a 'proof' of his cleanliness back in 2012, to friends who questioned him. It makes me look slightly foolish now and, believe me, I don't need any help.
We can all look foolish on times.....i defended tiger woods until he came out with the truth.

For me, until some one comes out with 100% proof of performance enhancing drug taking from wiggo and team sky. Then i will carry on backing him......

An MPs report without facts means diddly squat to me

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We can all look foolish on times.....i defended tiger woods until he came out with the truth.

For me, until some one comes out with 100% proof of performance enhancing drug taking from wiggo and team sky. Then i will carry on backing him......

An MPs report without facts means diddly squat to me
I think that 'something foolish' and 'a blatant lie' are a few kilometers apart but I'll not pursue it.
I know that you may not remember but we were all Wiggo fans back in the day but can now see that he was less than economical with the truth. That's why we're disappointed because we've been let down.

Maenchi

StoneDog
'back in the day'
Wiggo's achievements were before my interest in cycling was reignited didn't dig his style much or his name....:crazy:.and i'm still unsure:tired:

jowwy

I think that 'something foolish' and 'a blatant lie' are a few kilometers apart but I'll not pursue it.
I know that you may not remember but we were all Wiggo fans back in the day but can now see that he was less than economical with the truth. That's why we're disappointed because we've been let down.
I didnt say wiggo did something foolish though.......read my post. I said we can all look foolish on times in reply to the post above mine. I looked foolish backing woods.

Look we all have an opinion. The part i hate is when people post abuse and memes, just because i dont agree with their opinion................like i said in a previous post, brexiteers were called young thick and stupid, but remoaners thought they were clever, intelligent know it alls. Now wiggo backers are being called apologists just for not agreeing with them

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I didnt say wiggo did something foolish though.......read my post. I said we can all look foolish on times in reply to the post above mine. I looked foolish backing woods.

Look we all have an opinion. The part i hate is when people post abuse and memes, just because i dont agree with their opinion................like i said in a previous post, brexiteers were called young thick and stupid, but remoaners thought they were clever, intelligent know it alls. Now wiggo backers are being called apologists just for not agreeing with them
Okay, but you're still avoiding the issue that Wiggins lied about the injection issue.
What is your opinion on that particular point? Forgetfulness on his part or a deliberate lie or something else?

jowwy

Okay, but you're still avoiding the issue that Wiggins lied about the injection issue.
What is your opinion on that particular point? Forgetfulness on his part or a deliberate lie or something else?
I word say forget fullness......but then im not wiggo and did he even write that book? Did the ghost writer miss quote him? Who knows..............

jowwy

[QUOTE 5181629, member: 43827"]Jowwy, you know they won't be happy until you confess everything, so give in now!

View attachment 399916 [/QUOTE]
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
But even I'm uncomfortable with triamcinolone because there appear to be alternatives without the performance enhancing attributes for most of its uses... but we're really back to the question of how you avoid having doctors working in the sport who will pick the PED over the non-PE drug to make a pushy team boss happy.

This exactly - It's not something normally used as a medication. It's a PED to the limits of what's acceptable. Money game again, and SKY were cheating barstewards within the 'rules'.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Look we all have an opinion. The part i hate is when people post abuse and memes, just because i dont agree with their opinion................like i said in a previous post, brexiteers were called young thick and stupid, but remoaners thought they were clever, intelligent know it alls.
You hate it when people post abusive memes, but you post abusive memes like "remoaners" being "know it alls" :headshake:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I thought it was more the case that "Brexiteers" were OLD thick and stupid, but never mind... that's for a different thread.

I'm not sure I'd hold up Brexiteers as a good example of people who have been vindicated either. Although there are some valid points of comparison - Wiggo's TUE situation seems about as clear as the Irish border situation.

jowwy

You hate it when people post abusive memes, but you post abusive memes like "remoaners" being "know it alls" :headshake:
no.......thats not what i posted, i said THEY THOUGHT they are know it alls and i havent posted any memes

meme

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

jowwy

I thought it was more the case that "Brexiteers" were OLD thick and stupid, but never mind... that's for a different thread.

I'm not sure I'd hold up Brexiteers as a good example of people who have been vindicated either. Although there are some valid points of comparison - Wiggo's TUE situation seems about as clear as the Irish border situation.
so brexiteers are not a good example of people who have been vindicated. Why is that then? we aint even left the EU yet so how can they be vindicated?

still awaiting the emergency budget and tax raises post the referendum result

and wiggo's TUE is pretty simple, doc said to UCI, brad needs this, doc produced relevant proof of need, UCI signed it off..........seems pretty clear to me and all done under the RULES

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
and wiggo's TUE is pretty simple, doc said to UCI, brad needs this, doc produced relevant proof of need, UCI signed it off..........seems pretty clear to me and all done under the RULES
...SirDave tells Doc to make up something so SirBrad can go faster, Doc produced dubious proof of need, UCI not especially fussed about spitting in the soup .......

I actually agree the full story has yet to come out, but I can't see what further information will leave Wiggin's reputation smelling any fresher than it does at present. There are too many 'unfortunate episodes' and 'memory slips' to feel charitable just because a rider carries a (soon to be blue) British passport.

U

User169

...SirDave tells Doc to make up something so SirBrad can go faster, Doc produced dubious proof of need, UCI not especially fussed about spitting in the soup .......

I actually agree the full story has yet to come out, but I can't see what further information will leave Wiggin's reputation smelling any fresher than it does at present. There are too many 'unfortunate episodes' and 'memory slips' to feel charitable just because a rider carries a (soon to be blue) British passport.

Well, Bradders is going to have his say like soon, any minute now.....

Top Bottom