Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Or Accupuncture but that involves needles and we know Brad has never had an injection...

I bet he doesn’t inhale either.

Milzy

Guru
FB0ABE18-D278-4003-9516-A374FE6C58FA.jpeg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
http://road.cc/content/news/238513-...-blame-anti-doping-rules-not-team-sky-and-sir

Some back tracking here from the head of the select committee and a huge amount of sense spoken by a 5 time gold medalist

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Redgrave is only saying what several of us have said in this thread already.

Also worth bearing in mind that the Wiggins TUE case dates back to the good old days of Pat McQuaid's stewardship of the UCI. Several things have changed since then, although the UCI is still far from perfect.

Lappartient talks a good game but it's too early yet to say if he has the chops to carry through on his reforming agenda.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
In fact, I'd say Redgrave has completely missed the point (although to be fair he's not the only one), as this line demonstrates:

"To me, it's black and white,” he said. “It's either a positive drug test and you are cheating or you're not cheating and everything's okay.

FFS.

And this isn't a "grey area which has been introduced recently" as Redgrave seems to think - David Millar and Tyler Hamilton have admitted to abusing the TUE system to take Kenacort 20 years ago and I doubt it was a new thing even then.

As for solving the problem of TUE abuse, UKAD have been trying to get triamcinolone banned outright for ages but WADA have resisted so far. Probably because WADA agree with those like @mjr who don't want to see athletes with genuine chronic medical conditions punished for the crimes of others. Geraint Thomas is more of the view that TUEs are never justified. It's a tricky one, but yes, the policing of TUEs needs to be as tight as possible to avoid any of these potential "grey areas". File under "No shoot, Sherlock."

Top Bottom