Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
That's where I am on it. The sooner UKAD establish and publish the facts, the better. Until then, I'm not happy to place my faith in the veracity of the Daily Mail or anyone else that used unnamed sources etc.

In any event, I think that the whole of BC needs overhauling and clearly separated from Sky.
I guess with the partnership BC/Sky deal ending this month, that will be the case anyway. Can't imagine HSBC will want to get involved in it.
Once Team Sky is cut adrift, then BC can get on with being the NGB it's shown it can be. One question inmy mind, why did BC people say they couldn't say anything because UKAD had said they were not to comment while the investigation was on, then seem to tell the MPs they could ask? A cynic might think that UKAD wanted to hang BC out to dry in public while they kept a low profile. Then DB spoilt all the fun by saying what was in this package, quoting the team doctor who now is working for BC. It was all in 2011, 5 years ago, so how come it takes this long for the story to come out?

Viking

I think a lot of the problems stem from Brailsford being a complete dick control freak.
Yes, I sort of agree. It would be less of a problem if he was a fully competent control freak but I don't think he's really all that good at it.

Some of the apparent management proceses and accountability in what is a pretty large and complex organisation seem to be lacking

I guess with the partnership BC/Sky deal ending this month, that will be the case anyway. Can't imagine HSBC will want to get involved in it.
Once Team Sky is cut adrift, then BC can get on with being the NGB it's shown it can be. One question inmy mind, why did BC people say they couldn't say anything because UKAD had said they were not to comment while the investigation was on, then seem to tell the MPs they could ask? A cynic might think that UKAD wanted to hang BC out to dry in public while they kept a low profile. Then DB spoilt all the fun by saying what was in this package, quoting the team doctor who now is working for BC. It was all in 2011, 5 years ago, so how come it takes this long for the story to come out?
It's all very strange.

I always thought Sky would achieve their stated aim when they started - to win the Tour within 5 years.

I have thought for the past 2 years that their end was on the horizon, this might be the dawn of their ending. But then again, it's Sky.

SheilaH

That's where I am on it. The sooner UKAD establish and publish the facts, the better. Until then, I'm not happy to place my faith in the veracity of the Daily Mail or anyone else that used unnamed sources etc. .

Except that on this occasion everyone, Sky, BC and UKAD have confirmed the Mail's story.

Brailsford has yet to comment on, or deny the Mail reporters allegation that Brailsford tried tobget him to bury the story.

A very Merry and transparent Christmas from Sirdave
Dave-Brailsford-Father-Christmas-Team-Sky.jpg

Attachments

• Dave-Brailsford-Father-Christmas-Team-Sky.jpg
    Dave-Brailsford-Father-Christmas-Team-Sky.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 22

SWSteve

Guru
One question inmy mind, why did BC people say they couldn't say anything because UKAD had said they were not to comment while the investigation was on, then seem to tell the MPs they could ask? A cynic might think that UKAD wanted to hang BC out to dry in public while they kept a low profile. Then DB spoilt all the fun by saying what was in this package, quoting the team doctor who now is working for BC. It was all in 2011, 5 years ago, so how come it takes this long for the story to come out?

How I understand it:
UKAD told BC to not comment publicly on the investigation in hand

As part of the the DCMS interviews last week, UKAD sent a letter to the MPs confirming UKAD were happy for any questions to be asked, and there was no potential contention in the proceedings.

In the interviews, when shown the letter the first two interviewees stuck to the original guidelines and didn't say anything they couldn't confirm (hence promising 2 days to confirm contents of package). Upon presentation of the letter DB took it at face value (I imagine he is aware of some bods at UKAD after reporting a tipping off in 2016) and complied with all questions asked.

Sorry for lack of names, it's Christmas Day after all.

Viking

Except that on this occasion everyone, Sky, BC and UKAD have confirmed the Mail's story.

Brailsford has yet to comment on, or deny the Mail reporters allegation that Brailsford tried tobget him to bury the story.
AFAIK, the only part of the Daily Mail story that has been confirmed by all is that Cope carried a package with him to be delivered to Sky. The allegation that he made a special round trip hasn't been confirmed and in fact has been denied.

I'm waiting for the full investigation to be conducted and published before joking the lynch mob or the deniers.

As for Lawton's accusations, he should back them up with something substantive. If he does, I'll support him, until then, it is worthless.

SheilaH

Beyond a recording of the conversation what substantive thing could there be to release?

Brailsford has not commented on Lawton's accusation/report. There are just a couple of possibilities for this...one of which is that the accusation is true. I cant help think that if it was a lie Brailsford would have been all over it.

You are correct about the lack of detail about Cope's journey, and the Parliamentary Committee have explicitly stated that they want tò know if the sole purpose of Cope's journey was to deliver the package.

It is certainly true that there is tremendous potential in this story for slight misreporting whether it be in blogs, papers or twitter, that then itself gets re-reported.

Personally, I think Sky have been totally found out for the utter mendacity of their claims to be clean and morally-upstanding. There are so many contradictory facts that have come to light through hacking and moles inside the team that it is very difficult to take anything they seriously.

One thing is for certain, they have only themselves to blame for all of this. Curiously, though, the stink over Wiggins's hidden TUEs and his mystery package have taken the heat off Froome, even though his performances per se are far more unbelievable than Wiggins's.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Froome, even though his performances per se are far more unbelievable than Wiggins's.
Christ alive.
The Clinic's thaddaway>>>>

SheilaH

I did and have contributed many times over the years? Have you?

As I said, if you have anything interesting to say, please go ahead.

By the way, the thread title makes no mention of uninformed and wild speculation, which has been your main thrust so far.

Please quote the parts of my posts you claim are wild unsubstantiated speculation

Top Bottom