Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coldash

Veteran
Seems to me that nothing untoward has been proved, but some people believe it anyway, that is their prerogative, but we don't all
But it has been proved. The Daily Mail says so and all the Daily Mail followers on here are quite right to praise the investigative skills of that august publisher

...... Or maybe it is all bull and the anti-Sky brigade will cling to anything to justify their prejudices

.... Or maybe as others have said, we should wait before getting knickers in a twist

Last edited:

SheilaH

Seems to me that nothing untoward has been proved, but some people believe it anyway, that is their prerogative, but we don't all

When it comes to national sporting heroes, people will believe what they want to believe. They will bend over backwards not to hear what they dont want to hear.

Any sane anaysis of the goings on at Sky, whether it be having a ZTP policy whilst employing a doping doctor, saying they wont let riders race if they need a TUE then giving Wiggins a TUE before every major stage race for a notorious PED, Wiggins confusion over whether he has ever had an injection in his life, right down to watching Brailsford scurrying about because somebody has leaked about a medical package and he clearly doesnt know if the leak includes details of the package contents (hence his procrastination in revealing the contents) just points to a team who are, if nothing else, full of sh1t.

coldash

Veteran
If there is a requirement for "proof" then this should be high on the list.
The only proof so far is that you've made up your mind before the facts are known. Maybe UKAD should draw on your psychic powers to speed up the investigation

SWSteve

Guru
The wild accusations about Froome are just misplaced.

As has been said before, there are teams who must be pissing themselves at all this taking the spotlight away from them. Haven't the *new* vini fantini team signed a serial doper. Let alone whatever Vino is suggesting to sample during training

SWSteve

Guru
This is of Sirdave's doing.

I'm not saying it isnt

SWSteve

Guru
I know.

But I feel the need to repeat it as others seem to not realise it.

As soon as Brailsford asked Lawton (is that right? - from the DM) to bury the story, he will have known it was going to press. Why there wasn't a plan in place for when it was released I don't understand.

This whole story reeks of an organisation who believed they were beyond reproach because of the work they conducted over successive Olympic cycles. Whether they be Brailsford not answering questions when asked, or Sutton repeating the good work done by Sir Dave Brailsford for BC

But it has been proved. The Daily Mail says so and all the Daily Mail followers on here are quite right to praise the investigative skills of that august publisher

...... Or maybe it is all bull and the anti-Sky brigade will cling to anything to justify their prejudices

.... Or maybe as others have said, we should wait before getting knickers in a twist
Round objects

SheilaH

And, where is Brian Cookson in all this, wasn't he big daddy boss of BC when this was going on

Keeping his head firmly down :whistle:

By the way, somebody mentioned 'the clinic' in relation to my posts, which is disingenuous. Its akin to somebody remarking on it being a cold day today and then subsequently being accused of being a climate change denier.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that there are only two possible opinions about Team Sky and those two opinions are at opposite ends of the spectrum of possibilities. It is entirely possible to think that Sky might not be breaking rules, but are, nevertheless, unethical and hypocritical.

For me personally, the case of Wiggins's TUE's for known PEDs flying in the face of their stated intention not to allow riders with TUEs to race (let alone win grand tours) is proof that their self-declared whiter than whiteness amounts to nothing. Wiggins's own statements in his autobiography (written after he'd received these injections) that he'd never received injections (other than holiday vaccinations) prove that he tells lies. And this is from a team that claims openness, transparency and moral propriety. These are facts rather than opinions and it would take a wilful disregard of facts and a hefty dose of cognitive dissonance to see this in any other way....but, of course, some people will believe what they want to believe, especially when it concerns an issue of national identity which might form part of one's personal identity.

Equally, it doesnt mean that every statement made against Team Sky is true, and there is a whole world of knee-jerk stupidity to be witnessed from some posters in the aforementioned cycling forum sub-board. We now know that Sky's claims of whiter than whiteness are untrue. We know that they have quite deliberately acted in a way that is in contradiction to their stated intentions. We know that Wiggins has told falsehoods. We know that Brailsford has too and we know that his excuses dont really wash. What we dont yet know is whether Sky have used banned PEDs such as EPO, Aicar or whatever, or indeed PEDs that are yet to be banned. Of course the subterfuge surrounding an attempt at killing the 'package' story, and then despite knowing that the package story was coming and having time to factfind and prepare for it Brailsford chose to publish two key statements that were then revealed to be untrue. Why did he do this?

Think about that for a moment.

The fact remains that if the head of a cycling team has been summoned to be interrogated by a Parliamentary committee concerned with cheating in sport it's a reflection of their serious concerns as to the ethics of Team Sky, and the damage this is doing to the standing of UK sport as a whole.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The 'Clinic' jibe was in reference to the crass stupidity of you conflating the TUE fiasco with Froome's supposedly superhuman performances. That's perfect fodder for the clinic.
What you've stated above is far more thoughtful and the only criticism is that it has been said on this forum and thread many many times. It's not new. We all know what's already in the public domain and repeating it every few weeks doesn't add to the debate.
What are Sky supposedly guilty of then?
Sailing close to the wind but staying on the legal side. Oh well, I can live with a bit of hypocrisy in sport that isn't actually illegal.
Transporting a package across borders containing an innocuous substance? Hmmm, so what? What are the witchfinders suggesting might have been in the package? EPO? Spangles? Pile cream? HGH?
Which is why some of us are saying, (and have been saying long before a new poster appeared to educate us) there are questions we'd like answered but until there is more evidence, rather than DM type speculation and hyperbole, we'll reserve judgment.
That may be final word on this thread until something new actually happens.

Top Bottom