Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
Anyone know what Walsh said in the ST today from behind the pay wall ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Im ambivalent about the asthma thing - I shared a dorm at school with a guy who really suffered with asthma - he was the regional 100m champion at his age and a fabulous athlete at many other sports - his ability didnt come from his inhaler
Why can't I get this anti-asthma intramuscular injection. I've been nebulised, steroided et cetera but never been offered a jab...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Im ambivalent about the asthma thing - I shared a dorm at school with a guy who really suffered with asthma - he was the regional 100m champion at his age and a fabulous athlete at many other sports - his ability didnt come from his inhaler

My eldest was in a similar situation. At freestyle or butterfly from about 11 years old she was on the school swimming team and beat anyone in her year. By 15 she could beat anyone in the school, (male or female). Also on the school hockey team.
Seeing her swimming or training, no one would have believed the Lazarus moment my wife and I went through in A & E, when she was about 4 years old and a limp child gasping for breath came back to life through Ventolin and a nebuliser.
She still suffers from asthma. One of her triggers is cold air, but even with irregular training, put her in a pool and she will still out swim a lot of people.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Anyone know what Walsh said in the ST today from behind the pay wall ?

Was going to follow this up but @deptfordmarmoset has beaten me to it! You can register free and get access to the article, but I didn't want to sell my soul to New International just to read David Walsh's prejudices.

Also articles about Wiggins specifically and putting the information into perspective (i.e., saying it tells us very little) here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...doctor-geert-leinders-gave-banned-steroid-tue

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/15/fancy-bears-chris-froome-bradley-wiggins-tues-cycling

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
A Team Sky spokesperson said "When we previously said no injections we meant no intravenous injections. Obviously. Intramuscular injections don't count. They are not proper injections." Or some such.

Dullards.

swansonj

Guru
A Team Sky spokesperson said "When we previously said no injections we meant no intravenous injections. Obviously. Intramuscular injections don't count. They are not proper injections." Or some such.

Dullards.
I agree. Did they think the TUE would never come out? If they, and Brad, had been upfront about them from the start, no-one would have batted an eyelid. Now, it looks as if they've been dishonest and have been hiding something. Well, they have, haven't they...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sky got on a lot of people's wicks with their rather holier than thou pronouncements. It may be PR payback time for them now, they are shown to be a bit murky grey, and the spectre of Leinders is hanging around like Banquo's ghost.

Actually I quite like that image. Brailsford, taking his place at a press conference, finds Geert Leinders sitting in his place, invisible to everyone else.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I agree. Did they think the TUE would never come out? If they, and Brad, had been upfront about them from the start, no-one would have batted an eyelid. Now, it looks as if they've been dishonest and have been hiding something. Well, they have, haven't they...
Not a word in Brad's autobiography I'm told, by those who have read it. Not a single word. But he has nothing to hide, innit?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
1. Froome comes out of this well, which was cheering, given the abuse he's received in the French and Spanish press.
2. Wiggins is looking shady - although he says Leinders never touched him.
3. Charley Gaul, Maglia Rosa 1956. The good old days!
4. A loooong time ago (but way after '56) a former British Road Race Champion gave me something to help me get 20 miles home after a hard ride. I've never forgotten the sensation, nor come close to repeating it. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Top Bottom