Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sky = US Postal is wide of the mark. Sky are Sky, and times have changed so they won't be using the same methods.

Sky may resemble US postal in having an unprincipled win at all costs approach but that's just a wishy washy comparison that could be applied to many teams.

Sky remind me of the Blair govt in some ways.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Do you have evidence to support that ^_^

The motion of the planets? That I don't fall off the earth? ;)

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Can someone clarify something for me? I have seen it said that Sky promised to be 'whiter than white' but I have no recollection of them saying that, only that they would ride clean (in the sense of illegal doping, not TUEs) and would go right up to the line but not cross it. What promises did they actually make, as opposed to what promises someone on the internet says they made?

Reactions: mjr

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can someone clarify something for me? I have seen it said that Sky promised to be 'whiter than white' but I have no recollection of them saying that, only that they would ride clean (in the sense of illegal doping, not TUEs) and would go right up to the line but not cross it. What promises did they actually make, as opposed to what promises someone on the internet says they made?
Do you want us to reply on the Internet, or shall we write letters to you? :whistle: :laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have seen it said that Sky promised to be 'whiter than white'
Bloody hell - you're asking us to rebut silly comments from the singletrack forum? ;)

What promises did they actually make, as opposed to what promises someone on the internet says they made?
You may enjoy this now-deleted statement from 2012: http://web.archive.org/web/20121019...sky.com/article/0,27290,17553_8173493,00.html "Team Sky has had a clear position on doping from the very start. We are a clean team and have shown it is possible to win clean. We want a team in which riders are free of the risks of doping and in which fans – new and old - can believe without any doubt or hesitation. There is no place in Team Sky for those with an involvement in doping, whether past or present. This applies to management, support staff and riders. ..."

Milton-Keynes-1-February-2017KODA-UK-has-today-announced-its-new-brand-campaign-Driven-by-Somet.jpg

"It's important to make your own choices"

Very true Brad.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i wonder if froome applied for another TUE before coming out in support of brailsford............

Top Bottom