Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
A little note for the thread: my cycling buddy knows the BC doctor very well indeed and says that although he's a good Dr, his administration and personal life are an absolute shambles. He believes the whole sorry mess is down to nothing other than simple incompetence in BC and their medical recording.

Whilst it's true, people are generally shut at everything they do, when there are millions on the line these 'little lapses' are exploited for gain.

uclown2002

Guru

I draw the line at some kind of endemic programme within Sky, I just can't see that.
P2nMqyF.gif

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh look, Team Sky have issued a document with bold letters
https://app.box.com/s/8fiqxj1veckqjom9dhzb2erti45dx77i

And a letter from Sirdave
https://app.box.com/s/giquix65k5aby2sz6ab8y0i0spigl3kv
They seem to have bolded the wrong bits in the first document. Clearly "we accept that there are no medical records for this particular rider at this particular race" is a key phrase which should be in bold - if missing three doping tests is a doping offence for a rider, shouldn't losing three days of medical records (and here it was more) be a doping offence for a doctor and result in them serving a ban from cycling? But I guess that's a question for UKADA and WADA more than Team Sky.

LewisLondon

No, it didn't. It got them a bit of silly time filling drama masquerading as a news story. The story is whether Sky broke the rules or didn't. Doorstepping Wiggins added not one iota of information to the sum of human knowledge on the subject; the only thing we gained was finding out Wiggins doesn't like being doorstepped, which isn't really news.

As much as i made this point in my post earlier. I wonder if I was a little hasty. Re watching the video and Wiggins appears to be moving fine, despite a broken leg that meant he had to leave The Jump. And no plaster/boot is visible. Could it be the leg break was a lie to keep him out of the way of the public?

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It could be, but I'm not sure you'll ever know. However, there's a tendency to think of a broken leg as snapped in two, huge plaster cast, etc. but realistically a hairline fracture wouldn't significantly impede him but would be enough to keep someone off something like The Jump, particularly in these litigation concious days and particularly for someone whose legs are so important to his career, (semi) retired though he is.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Interesting read. Kimmage sees things through a particular prism but even so, some of the things he says ring true though I draw the line at some kind of endemic programme within Sky, I just can't see that.

You do know we are talking about pro cycling ? I have a huge problem seeing a team that is clean

Top Bottom