Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't realize Freeman had been on the Linda MCartney team, that's chipped a bit more good faith away. Everything else in that article is good. The realization that the TUE system was not robust enough and steps taken to change that, all good.

I don't think it's anything like US Postal, not even vaguely.

LewisLondon

Got to say whatever the rights and wrongs I'm a bit dubious about silly doorstepping tactics. I can't help feeling the media these days use doorstepping not so much for serious investigative journalism, more for dramatic effect.

Completely agree with this. What did it hope to solve, other than harassment?

It's all very strange.

I always thought Sky would achieve their stated aim when they started - to win the Tour within 5 years.

I have thought for the past 2 years that their end was on the horizon, this might be the dawn of their ending. But then again, it's Sky.

One wonders. Hard to see how it isn't. One also wonders if it might be the end of Sky too.

If I wait long enough it will eventually come true and I can claim to be a sage

Geraint Thomas, ready to eat dissenters

upload_2017-3-6_19-8-21.png

Geraint Thomas, ready to eat dissenters

View attachment 341149
That akin to the board giving a football manager a vote of confidence?

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It got them a news story, didn't it? Their aim isn't to solve Team Sky's problems...

No, it didn't. It got them a bit of silly time filling drama masquerading as a news story. The story is whether Sky broke the rules or didn't. Doorstepping Wiggins added not one iota of information to the sum of human knowledge on the subject; the only thing we gained was finding out Wiggins doesn't like being doorstepped, which isn't really news.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A little note for the thread: my cycling buddy knows the BC doctor very well indeed and says that although he's a good Dr, his administration and personal life are an absolute shambles. He believes the whole sorry mess is down to nothing other than simple incompetence in BC and their medical recording.

Top Bottom