Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You do know we are talking about pro cycling ? I have a huge problem seeing a team that is clean
You still think doping is endemic in whole teams? And yes I'm fully aware of the history of the sport right up until today where cycling led the way with the bio passport. I'm also fully aware of the situation with other sports, athletics, tennis, football, rugby etc... Most banned athletes from any one sport under UKAD: Rugby.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
You still think doping is endemic in whole teams? And yes I'm fully aware of the history of the sport right up until today where cycling led the way with the bio passport. I'm also fully aware of the situation with other sports, athletics, tennis, football, rugby etc... Most banned athletes from any one sport under UKAD: Rugby.

I understand the wish to see our sport as approaching clean but I can't see it changing while its still possible to get away with it on a regular basis. If you want to see something very frightening check out WADA's gene doping research.

And as for Brailford's merry men I've called the UK Postal since they first formed the SKY train as their doping was that obvious.

And as for Brailford's merry men I've called the UK Postal since they first formed the SKY train as their doping was that obvious
I'm certainly not naive enough to think it's clean but I wouldn't go as far as that. I fail to see this obvious doping I'm afraid. If any teams are doing that, I think you need to look at some of the Russian teams and perhaps some of the lower league Italian ones but really I think our views might be so far apart on this as to never quite agree.

WADA's gene doping research
On this, I read a few articles some time ago about it. There were still quite a few hurdles to overcome but progress towards diseases like muscular dystrophy were being made and WADA acknowledged that at some point it could enter sports as a form of cheating but it was some way off and would require a bit more than a dodgy doctor in a campervan . More likely was drugs like Aicar and there were reports that packaging had been found at a race. In the meantime most of the cheating that is still coming to light, like this TUE business, is good old fashioned steroids, growth hormone and EPO. Not that I don't share your concerns though.

Show me some credible evidence of team doping.

Here's Wiggins a few weeks before his Tour win
giphy.gif

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Typical Kimmage scattergun interview.
Kimmage is certainly on a mission and appears quite a bitter man, but he does raise a lot of uncomfortable questions that Sky have failed to answer. One place I would take serious issue with him is his criticism of Froome and other riders for not going public with everything they may or may not know about what is alleged to have gone on. It is worth noting that Kimmage was safely retired before he blew the whistle, he didn't have to live with the people he was speaking out against and wasn't dependent on the sport for his living.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'm not sure INRNG's comments add anything to the debate or sum total of information. And he's wrong about Newton, or at least misleading.

Top Bottom